Feedback and General Questions for Video Updates

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was quite a good stream once over the initial crash issues and the RWR got turned down :)

Definitely need to turn off those notifications though, as DCS was freezing for a couple of seconds every time one went off.

Looking forward to some helicopter action, hopefully a bit more time can be spent over and in Vegas during that stream to showcase the work that's been done.

It was great to see, a joy to the eyes :D.

It would be even greater to have the chance of watching it again, may be listening Wags this time. Even when he lowered in game sound I barely listened to him. Would like to listen his comments.

S!

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

something about the environment ----- it always looks so BLUE

my memory of nevada is its much more "yellow"

am i way off here? what does everybody else say??

==edit==

also want to say.. "thankyou!" i don't know of other game developers who give sneak previews like this - very much appreciated

loved how it looked - its amazing

also, i noticed the afterburners - looking better!! : )

the HDR effect inside the cockpit as the sun comes in to view - wow!

the sheer number of objects is.. astounding ---- and there didn't seem to be any stuttering or slow-downs at all - fantastic

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Totally fake. It was just a webcam of Matt talking over some real life footage of pilots with GoPro cameras.

• Like 1

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

The stream was very impressive.

Obviously there are stability issues that need tending to, but if those can be fixed so that theyre rare I'd love to see an Alpha/Open Beta released as is.

Same with NTTR after that. If it can get to where it's mostly stable release it in Alpha and take our money.

I appreciate that you want new explosion effects and other improvements, but if we can have race courses over vegas and the colorado river, the single executable, improved performance and effects as they are, even if at first only over the existing map it would be a great first step.

Overall, aside from stability it looked to be at least alpha quality if not beyond. Even the stability is what I'd expect stepping into an Alpha. Alpha == there be dragons.

Anyway, nothing but positive things to say coming away from the stream.

In the next live stream I'd love to see any changes that are coming with ATC. Particularly being able to declare an emergency and any changes to the approaches.

Also, Combined arms in the detailed areas and a helicopter view.

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I missed most of it because I was with some work but I struggled a bit with Twitch on a I Phone. What a useless app. (I was trying on an IPhone because I uninstalled my useless twitch app from my android phone a good while ago). Seeing in browser the stream was impossible on the phone. When it worked, worked at good speed (not a single time stopped for buffering etc) but each time the stream was stopped by Matt I had to literally search for wagmatt in twitch because that useless app cannot refresh.

Please take in consideration to move to Youtube!

From what I have seen on the Su27 flight... I can't comment due to the Lilliputian screen but maybe a bit more preparation.

-Less RWR noise... all of us knows it and hate it :D

-Less "pull up pull up pull up" Rita

-Less head movement, but do preserve head tracking, more consciousness that thousands are actually looking at what Matt is pointing with his head, this is hard I know but maybe with some training it can be done :) . Try to talk us the panning to left right etc. Many times we want to see something to one side and the camera jerks to the other. And because we know is headtracking we tend to feel and want it to control it. So the only solution is to be informed that the head will turn left or right... sure... it can't be done every time.

-More ground action

-More flying than radar operation and shooting... not much is changed at avionincs right?

-More mission builder!!!

oh... and some ETA? :P

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Great live streaming event Matt! A few initial hiccups but once you got rolling it was very enjoyable to watch. :)

Really appreciated the overview at the start highlighting the Menu and ME changes. This will help make mission AI much more controllable.

The object scaling option is brilliant and will definitely help those out with smaller monitors.

The terrain, sky, clouds all looked excellent and the detail on the cities and trees was amazing. Loved the texture work on the mountains too. :thumbup:

Overall a great first experience and I look forward to future live streams showcasing all the changes.

Well done! :thumbup:

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Please take in consideration to move to Youtube!

I really hope they stick with Twitch, Youtube streaming is blocked in some countries (Germany for example) because of some legal issues, apart from the app IMO twitch is a better streaming platform overall aswell.

• ED Team

Thanks to all who tuned in! This was more a test than anything else and we learned a few valuable lessons for the next stream. Once we iron out a few of the most visible issues, I'm sure we will do a new stream which will be archived for later viewing.

Thanks again,

Matt

Maybe you could do the "old" map in the new engine next time ? Or maybe 1 round in very dark conditions.

Over all I had a good experience and I felt that it was already to be released into my hdd.

Edited by Tello

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Really enjoyed the stream...nice job

Good to put a face to the enigmatic Wags...

Contrary to another poster...I did not see any jerky head movements...

I watched on a wireless connection at a hotel. Surprisingly, The stream was smooth with no issues for me.

I was surprised to see Wags using the cap reflector instead of the Proclip LEDs.

Is it just me?... I swear I watched the last missile all the way to the target. Even after the smoke trail stopped I could follow it to impact.

Did not mind Wags image inserted...I rather liked it...nice to have some personal contact added.

Would love to see some scenery taxiing in or out of Nellis. Throw some birds and bodies on the flight line for eye candy.

I could hear almost everything Matt said...but better when he turned down the Sim sounds.

Ground shadows from the SU looked a little odd to me.

Nice new features for the ME...Keep up the great work...

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

The stream video quality was excellent.

Wags microphone was however too low to make out much of what was said, especially with the RWR sounding.

Would love to see a prop plane (Mustang/109/Dora)

Wasn't able to stay online for the whole broadcast, would be great to have a video of the livestream/highlights added to youtube etc

My PC specs: Win10 64 Pro, CPU i7-3820 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, GPU Nvidia 1070 (8gb vram).

Controls: Microsoft FFB2, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Pedals, TrackIR5.
My DCS Youtube Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/No64Bounder

Okay guys,

thanks for watching and enjoying our brand new DSC World 2.o and NTTR.

Let´s try to concentrate your feedback in this thread, so we can use it to improve our next live stream.

Thanks

How about showing the new features or things that are different? Wags mentions some of the new AI controls (i.e. limit ECM, etc). Why not do a stream about creating one specific flight with "X" AI command and let us see it in actions. It could be just 10 minutes long.

He also mention how the satellite images on the mission editor could help place units on the map, show creating a missions.

Could we see other ED/ ED partners streaming? It would be cool to see one of the guys showing how he made item "A" or how vehicle "Y" behaves.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Over all I had a good experience and I felt that it was already to be released into my hdd.

Seeing how the game crashed several times and matt got an error every time there was some radio message i would say it's definitely NOT ready.

Why is it again that this stream can't be posted so others can observe?

I don't understand the logic, and without knowing the pragmatic reasons my default reaction is very negative.

Please help me understand the logic and avert my negative default reaction.

As a fan and supporter I just want to see what others were able to.

Matt did a fantastic job of talking us through the two missions he had planned… true pro! He really knows DCS inside and out and makes flying and shooting down bandits look so effortless and fun, when it’s not! I was extremely impressed on how immersive and realistic Nevada and its surroundings look at different altitudes. For all of you who did not see the stream it was absolutely breathtaking. It really got everyone pumped up!! Thanks you Matt for taken us through it and SithSpawn for moderating.

Edited by rjetster1

Good stream overall but there are some things I'd like to see next time:

1) Hoover Dam from the downstream side, preferably in something slow. I want a good look at that concrete cliff face since I'm sure many of us will slam into it at some point. :D

2) The craters from underground nuclear tests. Drive a tank through them or land a chopper in one. I realize they probably aren't super detailed, but the fact that they are there at all is a massive surprise.

3) The strip from a hover or very slow speed (maybe 50km/h) so details can be seen. All the other videos show it at a distance or with the aircraft blowing through it at mach 1.

damn! missed it. Please enable it to be available as a past broadcast. Would be awesome to see it if u can't make it during the stream time.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|