UltraMFCD - drag, resize and click display exports. Zero configuration.

Sgt_Baker

->Sgt_Baker...glad to hear that water level bug fix is coming up but have you any clue why kneeboard is not working with this? Or does anybody else have this same problem?

Kneeboard is so important that I need to revert back to my old system before it's been solved. I have so bad memory that I can't leave without Kneeboardbuild's Dynamic kneeboard..:). Still this uMFCD is good mod and I will continue testing next releases.

I'll have to download and test it myself to determine exactly what's going on. That's all I can say for the moment. :)

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in your rig default kneeboard is working? If so then it could be something to do with that water thing too...or something else...heh

Edit..and as you can see from my later answer..it's something else...

Edited by Iku64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I just make more test in my rig....seems that uMFCD is not shut down when pushing MFCD shutdown buttons..and somehow uMFCD and kneeboard are sticked together

Picture Iku_1. uMFCD on (over 4th monitor), engine on, A10 MFCD's on, kneeboard on but not visible

Picture Iku_2. uMFCD on (over 4th monitor), engine on, A10 MFCD's off (uMFCD's still on), kneeboard on but not visible

Picture Iku_3. uMFCD on (over 4th monitor), engines off (no electric), A10 MFCD's off (uMFCD's still on), kneeboard is visible but it's in wrong place

Picture Iku_4. uMFCD on (over 1st and 2nd monitor), engines off (no electric), A10 MFCD's off (uMFCD's still on), kneeboard is visible but it's splitted to both uMFCD's

Picture Iku_5. Same as 4th but I tested that will page change..and it will

Picture Iku_6. My default setup where I have converted MFCD's and CCD to 4th monitor and here you can see kneeboard page palce which should be at 1st monitor.

Picture Iku_7. Same as 6th but A10 MFCD's shut down

I hope these help you..

Iku_1.thumb.jpg.57b9c7ae78875a26679a490d7c64b87c.jpg

Iku_2.thumb.jpg.6ad84ccb424d5ba842448135739f57f7.jpg

Iku_3.thumb.jpg.bfbdfe2fb979057a77f6b95d23aa7fa7.jpg

Iku_4.thumb.jpg.8b4e49053c3a6d495eabcb81c7002d92.jpg

Iku_5.thumb.jpg.ea2371cd24cde1b415266434d63075a8.jpg

Iku_6.thumb.jpg.b4f1c2069071e79d1d4671ae07b86631.jpg

Iku_7.thumb.jpg.eb0957d723b5900e0b64543653289d62.jpg

Edited by Iku64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Doesn't even work for me, i get both mfcd's flickering or just blocking my screen, no mod's running fresh install of dcs to.

But i have learned in my quest that there seems to be some very close similarities with the kneeboard, controls indicator, cargo cam they all seem to share some sort of a common ground just haven't found it yet.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Doesn't even work for me, i get both mfcd's flickering or just blocking my screen, no mod's running fresh install of dcs to.

But i have learned in my quest that there seems to be some very close similarities with the kneeboard, controls indicator, cargo cam they all seem to share some sort of a common ground just haven't found it yet.

This was happening for me too...try to change your water settings to HIGH then you should be ok....Baker has found fix for it but it's coming in next update...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, now it works.

However, I cant move the MFCD's around. can you please explain a little bit how it is suppose to work? Even if you have some instructions, I don't see how I can manipulate the MFCDs.

The video in the first post of this thread covers the basics:

To move an MFCD, simply drag anywhere that isn't an OSB.

To resize, a handle should appear in the bottom right of any given display when your mouse is over said display, which works just like dragging the bottom corner of any window.

I just make more test in my rig....seems that uMFCD is not shut down when pushing MFCD shutdown buttons..and somehow uMFCD and kneeboard are sticked together

Yep. Have just added a "clear" to the MFCD rendering code which will ensure the displays switch off when they're supposed to. (There's a rule in DirectX which goes something like "clear as infrequently as possible". Perhaps "never" was a little too infrequent. :) )

Still looking in to the kneeboard thing. Essentially they render at the same time/place, which means I'll need some more clever detection code to separate the two. Interestingly, in a default setup, the kneeboard stops working altogether. Will definitely fix this one.

Just wondering is there any plans for the feature to display MFCD's on the networked PC?

There are indeed. We were playing with prototypes of exactly that as early as June this year. Additionally, the developer of iControl (MFCDs on phones/tablets) have already arrived at an understanding where our respective products will compliment each other: I.e. UltraMFCD will feed iControl's network stuff directly, thus removing the current obligation to have MFCD exports displayed within DCS in addition to the export to phone/tablet.

Yep. Have just added a "clear" to the MFCD rendering code which will ensure the displays switch off when they're supposed to. (There's a rule in DirectX which goes something like "clear as infrequently as possible". Perhaps "never" was a little too infrequent. :) )

Ok..I also notice after my mail that last state of MFCD stayed on uMFCD's after shutting down real one...so it was "just" DirectX rule..:).

Still looking in to the kneeboard thing. Essentially they render at the same time/place, which means I'll need some more clever detection code to separate the two. Interestingly, in a default setup, the kneeboard stops working altogether. Will definitely fix this one.

Good to know that you are working with kneeboard problem..I hope it will not be impassable thing...like you can read between the lines of jay43 answer...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi folks,

Edit: Public beta here https://ultramfcd.com/Public-Beta-1

I've been developing a new mod for DCS which exports the A10's MFCDs without any configuration hassle at all. They also become clickable, sizeable and draggable. Have a look at the beta preview on YouTube:

Would anybody be up for helping out with a public beta in the near future?

Regards,

Baker

Been giving this a serious look.

Would it be possible to expand beyond MFD/CDU's, like add Individual Panels, etc?

ie:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=131705

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Re Sizing and Position

For some reason the little handle to resize the MFD does not show and I cannot drag them around on the screen. Both MFD seem to be at maximum size blocking 95% of my screen from top to bottom. Is there something I am missing?:pilotfly:

Crusty Jim

For some reason the little handle to resize the MFD does not show and I cannot drag them around on the screen. Both MFD seem to be at maximum size blocking 95% of my screen from top to bottom. Is there something I am missing?:pilotfly:

Crusty Jim

Yep..I've been talking about that Water detail needs to be set to High...if I have understood right fix will come on next update....so set water to high and try then again..:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Works an absolute treat with my helios setup. Couple considerations. Will there be option I later releases to lock the MFD, s in place once you have em where you want?

Will be worth every penny once it is released in full. Looking forward to contributing.

would love to try this mod but every time i start up dcs worlds and go into the a10c i have ultra mfcd running then the dcs module crashes telling me it can't read the briefing file is there a special way to install this program? i have my dcs wolds folder on my d drive so i put the ultra mfcd program in the steam dcs worlds folder and it still wont work any help would be greatly appreciated....

Do you have latest version installed (beta 1 update 4) and do you have .NET 4.5.1 installed. Have you set Water quality to high..if not then try it..not sure will this help for crash.

Installation can be done any where in your computer..no need to be at DCS folders.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not sure about twice thing but that flickering we can see at your video could be that you don't have Water quality set to high...

Hmm....I feel that I'm repeating myself..:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep..in extra views those exists..but who fly planes from extra views..:)..well this is beta so...we just need to wait...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]