UltraMFCD - drag, resize and click display exports. Zero configuration.

Sgt_Baker

Questions:

Will there be shortcuts to hide/unhide the exports ? Say I wanna use the CDU but do not want to look down and tilt my head to get a proper angle.

Guessing a multiple monitor set up would benefit from this ?

How about touch screens ? Export on a touch screen and press from there.

Wonder if I can use these exports to feed into the A-10C iControl DCS app on the ipad ?

Patiently waiting for one for the Ka-50 as well.

Yes to all the above. The only reason the demo vids and screenshots are single-monitor is that it's a pain to capture video from multiple monitors.

If you look carefully at the latest vid, you'll notice three button fading in/out as I mouse over the MFCDs. They are the three size/position memories, which can be toggled either by clicking the icons or with a keyboard/mouse/joystick combination of your choice.

Regarding iControl: I am already in discussions with the developer with a view to feeding iControl directly, thus removing the need to have exported displays visible on the desktop while the external touch device is in use.

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's got nothing to do with DCS's exports. All of the exporting stuff is done automatically by uMFCD. Can you drag any given window to the display?

Just set up the Lilliput and yes, I can drag a window onto it which, in turn, automatically fills the screen :thumbup:

Dave

Intel Core i7 4770K i30 cooler Win 7 Pro 64bit Kingston SSDNOW V300 SATA III 240GB OS Drive

Kingston SSDNOW V300 SATA III 120GB DCSW Dedicated Drive ASUS Radeon R9 290 ASUS Z87-K

Corsair 16GB DDR3 Vengeance Jet Black 1600mhz Corsair AX860i PSU Thermaltake Chaser A71 Case

Acer S271HL 27 inch monitor 1No 8" lilliput touch screen, running uMFCD

TM HOTAS Cougar with TUSBA TM Cougar Stick Simped F16 C with RUSBA Track IR5

Ultimate question: When can we see this mod on the market? :D

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Have you noticed how the radio always fades on the interesting bit..

Sgt Baker when you say the export is handled by UMFCD does it still install a export into the scripts folder like this "C:\Users\G\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua"

I use EMC by iceman, helios and other bits of kit like bodnar boards and arduino.

I would really like at least the same exports as EMC + would it be possible to export radio frequencies.

ie does this work on just the screens or can it send any data.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

Have you noticed how the radio always fades on the interesting bit..

Sgt Baker when you say the export is handled by UMFCD does it still install a export into the scripts folder like this "C:\Users\G\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua"

I use EMC by iceman, helios and other bits of kit like bodnar boards and arduino.

I would really like at least the same exports as EMC + would it be possible to export radio frequencies.

ie does this work on just the screens or can it send any data.

We should invest in better radios. :)

uMFCD doesn't modify or overwrite any aspect of DCS, ever. While funky stuff in Export.lua could potentially affect its functioning, the system is designed from the outset to work alongside other mods. While I'm not going to say there'll never be a conflict between uMFCD and other mods (as I can't see in to the future), it the very nature of uMFCD's design render it comparatively easy to resolve on this end.

Not sure about the radio frequencies. Will have to check.

B

Roger that my plan is to make a complete clean install of DCS when it goes to EDGE, then start on a completely new modification path, Your program sounds great, just to clarify I wont have to run DCS in a resolution to cover all my screens so that should double my FPS to start with..

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

will uMFCD export all the other viewports like Radio frequencies and CMSC/CMSP?

Yes, it will. The groundwork that enables the export of any video-based display is complete, so you can expect to see all the other systems in the very near future. (Perhaps we're simply not showing off ones that are already in development ;) )

And could it run in a second computer for rendering and maybe decrease the Sim Computer load?

While it is relatively easy to send the displays over a network to be displayed on another computer, the bulk of the rendering must, by definition, be performed by the sim itself. The TGP and Shkval, for example, are each a complete render of DCS's 3D "world" from the perspective of whichever bit of the aircraft the system is attached to.

To have a different computer perform the rendering would require that computer to be running a full copy of DCS in lockstep sync with the machine you're flying on. In other words: A massive and daunting task that is well beyond the scope of uMFCD.

While we (I) are engaging in acts of patience regarding this datacentre issue, here are the goals of this particular beta test:

Caveats:

This test is aimed squarely at the A-10C. This is merely on account of this being the aircraft on which I personally have the most hours. UltraMFCD should make an objection known and do nothing more if you launch with a different aircraft. For pilots of other aircraft: Don't worry. Work is well under way where your plane/heli is concerned.

Additionally, this version requires that you run the sim in Windowed Mode.

Instructions:

Launch UltraMFCD.exe prior to launching a flight in the A-10C. That should be it. If you're feeling adventurous, you can try breaking the settings, which are accessed via the cog icon.

What to expect:

Beta1 should export both A-10C MFCDs and the CDU. Given that the CDU is only a few days old, you should expect some bugs when it comes to its functioning. The direct-entry keyboard mode is not supported in this beta.

You should be able to drag the displays to any connected monitor, and clicking areas associated with OSBs/LSKs should have the desired effect.

Goals:

1. Does it run? We may have overlooked something deal-breaking, and aren't afraid of utter failure.
  2. Does it work as expected? Programmers are notorious for not anticipating the needs/actions of the end user.
  3. Is the framerate acceptable? Most internal testing was done on last-generation gaming hardware, yet we may have overlooked something. Note: You can adjust the overall rate of exports from UltraMFCD's setting screen in real-time.

What to do if something goes wrong:

Please let us know! Take a screenshot. Even better: Try to record a screencap video. Look at the Windows event log in the event of a crash.

All good here, appears sluggish though, I have yet to adjust any settings. :thumbup:

Edited by ddocg

Dave

Intel Core i7 4770K i30 cooler Win 7 Pro 64bit Kingston SSDNOW V300 SATA III 240GB OS Drive

Kingston SSDNOW V300 SATA III 120GB DCSW Dedicated Drive ASUS Radeon R9 290 ASUS Z87-K

Corsair 16GB DDR3 Vengeance Jet Black 1600mhz Corsair AX860i PSU Thermaltake Chaser A71 Case

Okay, my findings so far, slow, using A10C Training Mission Navigation I generally have 50 fps in windowed at 1680 x 1050.

I find that my graphic options need to be set at High - tried Medium but had no control and windows were larger.

So, at High settings and running your FPS at FULL I have 10 fps at 1\5 I have 15 fps

Top marks for this, it's great being able to read the TAD on the separate monitor, is there a way to selectively turn the windows off? or can they only be minimised?

Edited by ddocg

Dave