UltraMFCD - drag, resize and click display exports. Zero configuration.

Sgt_Baker

Hmm..I need to take my words back...I tested with low water quality and same problem as before exists with latest uFMCD version...only now it works with water mid and high quality settings...before update it was working only with water high quality settings

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm..I need to take my words back...I tested with low water quality and same problem as before exists with latest uFMCD version...only now it works with water mid and high quality settings...before update it was working only with water high quality settings

Another issue, in external views the mfcds take 90% of the screen

Would the two of you kindly test for exactly these problems with Update 6, please? I have included an additional patch for Iku64's problem, but was unable to reproduce the issue with external views.

Cheers,

Baker

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

Just tested and seems that in all water quality settings uFMCD is now working. With Export.lua in use with uFMCD option "Enable MFCD input" enabled/disabled I didn't notice any difference..in both way CDU keys was not working (I don't know do they need to work or not).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Ultramfcd and Helios

I am running Helios on a second screen and Ultramfcd does not seem to want to play nice with Helios. Perhaps your statement that a complex export file may cause problems with Ultramfcd is responsible. See attached export file in my prior post as I cannot seem to upload the export file again.

Edited by sobe
reference to export file

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I am running Helios on a second screen and Ultramfcd does not seem to want to play nice with Helios. Perhaps your statement that a complex export file may cause problems with Ultramfcd is responsible. See attached export file in my prior post as I cannot seem to upload the export file again.

Hi Sobe,

Yes, a complex export.lua could very well be the culprit in this case. What are the specific symptoms of the problem you're experiencing?

The way ultraMFCD interacts with the export file is something that is slated for testing/fixing in Beta 2. No point having it working nicely with novel export files if the core system doesn't work properly!

In any case, I'll dig through this thread to retrieve your export.lua for future reference.

B

Just tested and seems that in all water quality settings uFMCD is now working. With Export.lua in use with uFMCD option "Enable MFCD input" enabled/disabled I didn't notice any difference..in both way CDU keys was not working (I don't know do they need to work or not).

This is exactly the same issue as mentioned in my previous post. Ultimately I hope to hack away at DCS's innards so that I don't need to touch export.lua at all.

Sgt Baker

As stated above, when I tried to run Helios and Ultramfcd, nothing appeared in the MFDs of the game or on the Helios panels no matter what boxes I checked or unchecked.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Hello Sgt_Baker!

What about adding a texture streaming API to your application?

Or letting us use it as a programming library (For example a C library to DCS for getting cockpit textures would be amazing).

I've wanted to get back into building a pit for dcs - But hooking the dcs renderer and find the correct textures... not again ;). But now I see you already did that with EasyHook.

However for me to create mods, I need the dcs displays as textures - I need a zero-latency network api for them (like i made for

BMS with GPT /

).

Then I could make something like (maybe some of you remember) Leavu (

).

I realize you do not want to share the source of this mod, but perhaps I can help you add a network API so that I can use your software not as a renderer, but also as a pure texture exporter? Also if there is anything else you need help with for texture downloads I could help out?

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Fantastic program, I will definitely be paying for this.

I had no significant problems after I disable full screen mode in DCS but I did notice a minor cosmetic issue, in that when I move the exported displays, that the image doesn't move under the cursor, I have to guess where it is going to end up and then do multiple adjustments until I get it in the right place. Is this normal normal at this stage and will it be changed in the full release?

Hello Sgt_Baker!

What about adding a texture streaming API to your application?

Or letting us use it as a programming library (For example a C library to DCS for getting cockpit textures would be amazing).

I've wanted to get back into building a pit for dcs - But hooking the dcs renderer and find the correct textures... not again ;). But now I see you already did that with EasyHook.

However for me to create mods, I need the dcs displays as textures - I need a zero-latency network api for them (like i made for

BMS with GPT /

).

Then I could make something like (maybe some of you remember) Leavu (

).

I realize you do not want to share the source of this mod, but perhaps I can help you add a network API so that I can use your software not as a renderer, but also as a pure texture exporter? Also if there is anything else you need help with for texture downloads I could help out?

Hi Yoda,

We could indeed work something out along these lines. I've already spoken with the creator of iControl with a view to feeding that system the streams directly, so it's not an enormous leap of the imagination to serve them as textures.

UltraMFCD is now at a point where the core code appears stable (I'm not kidding when I say that DCS's default reaction to being hooked like this is to crash. Lots.), and aside from the previously mentioned patches with regards to Helios, the API aspects of the system are high on the proverbial menu.

B

Fantastic program, I will definitely be paying for this.

I had no significant problems after I disable full screen mode in DCS but I did notice a minor cosmetic issue, in that when I move the exported displays, that the image doesn't move under the cursor, I have to guess where it is going to end up and then do multiple adjustments until I get it in the right place. Is this normal normal at this stage and will it be changed in the full release?

No, that's not normal. The displays should move in real-time as you drag and resize them. Will be in touch in the near future to attempt to figure out what's going on.

I have same problem..I thought it's normal and didn't mention it before. If I move uMFCD windows they are not visible in moving process..when I release mouse button they are visible...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They disappear altogether?

No..the one which is under move with mouse is disappearing, other two are shown at moving process. At resize all windows are shown.

Edited by Iku64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Yoda,

We could indeed work something out along these lines. I've already spoken with the creator of iControl with a view to feeding that system the streams directly, so it's not an enormous leap of the imagination to serve them as textures.

UltraMFCD is now at a point where the core code appears stable (I'm not kidding when I say that DCS's default reaction to being hooked like this is to crash. Lots.), and aside from the previously mentioned patches with regards to Helios, the API aspects of the system are high on the proverbial menu.

B

Sent you a message with my contact information.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'