Thrustmaster F-16 throttle

maddthomas

Would anyone be interested in buying a Thrustmaster Cougar F-16 throttle? Its only the throttle but it comes with a RS TUSBA it converts the throttle's game port connector to USB so you can use it without the stick, plugs directly into your PC. I just bought if off Ebay, because it came with extra parts for the throttle. I just wanted the parts now I have a throttle I'm not really interested in keeping.

I forgot to add the price, I am thinking around $230 because complete Cougar sets go for $400-$500 on Ebay, I've seen people asking for a $1k but I'm discounting those. The RealSimulator RS TUBA cost about 75 Euro's new.

If I'm wrong on the average price for Thrustmaster Cougars please let me know. I'm not looking to make a profit just hoping to get my money back.

PM if you are. I'm keeping it unless someone wants to pay more than I paid for it.

When I got the throttle it was in worse shape than I thought, the grips paint looks like it was painted with a can of spray paint, has bubbles all over it. The tension was broken, the tension/brake pad came apart, the previous owner had wrapped the arm in duck tape to add tension. I fired up AutoCad used my calipers to measure and created a 3D printable replacement here is a link:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4110990

I used the 3mm version, you will have to do some sanding, when I got it to fit I used the finest grit sandpaper I had to make it as smooth as possible, regreased it and it seems to work great now. I gets a little sticky when using the tension wheel to add tension but I'm happy with the results.

It came with a extra grip that has a much nicer paint job, I switched them out, all the buttons work the only problem I can find with it is the Ant Elevation and Manual Range pots center dententes seem worn out, does anyone know how to fix them? I talked to the guy, he says that no one including Thrustmaster is making a replacemnt for MAN RNG pot, he says that you can find a pot with everything but the center dentente. So can it be taken apart and repaired? Just to repeat the center dententes are extremely hard to feel.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.25cb87c87d1bb984e2818bbfb62e4cde.jpg

s-l16001.thumb.jpg.a36c9488f666fc4b3728bd9b0d72d914.jpg

s-l16002.thumb.jpg.55f8bac461e832d2c9f63165ec230757.jpg

s-l16003.thumb.jpg.0597e87188ad595b59ef6dd6d4187041.jpg

s-l16004.thumb.jpg.3c0a697bd62e1a82894da66b86605c9f.jpg

s-l16005.thumb.jpg.3c7d292c2728496e70a70ae63e1c8189.jpg

Edited by maddthomas
I going to keep it

I don’t think I paid that much for both the stick and throttle last year. Also there’s a for sale forum for sailing things also if your going to post in the wrong forum try the Thrustmaster forum.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Thanks, but I don't understand what a forum devoted to "sailing" has to do with PC joystick. I've looked for forums/blogs to buy a broken Cougar, the only place I found was Ebay, can you tell me were it is? There are 2 complete Cougars on Ebay today, 1. is listing the 'buy it now' for $950, the 2. for $400. The people wanting a $1k are asking way to much, but $300-$400 is the price range I have seen them go for. So that and the price I paid are the only things I have to go on. I don't spend any time on blogs or forums, so if I posted it in the wrong place forgive me. I just looked at the DCS forum homepage and didn't see it a 'for sale' thread.

Thanks, like I said before, I don't post on blogs/forums. So if I broke so kind of etiquette by originally posting it here, didn't do it on purpose, just didn't know. Thanks again for pointing out the 'for sale' threads.

Might be worth plugging it in and testing that all the pots are deadzone and jitter free and that the antenna elevation pot still has its centre detent, which often gets worn inside the pot. Also testing the micro stick to make sure it works as it should. Confirmation that everything is functioning well will make it much more attractive.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.