Samsung Odyssey Setup

bflagg

Hey Bucko,

"I also let the Nvidia "GPU tweak" program shutdown what it considered unneeded Windows processes. "

What nVidia Tweak program did you use?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

• 1 month later...

This is also an excellent intro to playing Rift and Vive titles on a WMR HMD:

i9-9900K @5.1Ghz w/ 32GB RAM, RTX2080 Super w/ 8G, Samsung Odyssey VR HMD, 1 TB SSD, VKB Gladiator MKII, TM TWCS throttle, Saitek Pro Yoke, Saitek Throttle Quadrant x2, CH Pro Pedals, Obutto Ozone

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

For me I seem to be stuck in the Windows Mixed Reality Screen. DCS never transfers to the HMD. Steam vr starts without issues too.. Many times DCS.exe will just go unresponsive.

My settings match the screenshot

This is a fresh install of DCS

i7 6850K @ 3.6Ghz, 64 GB RAM, M2 SSD, NVidia 1080 GTX, Win10 Ent

Thanks, finally got it and it is absolutely amazing!!! Almost like reliving my military career with Odyssey and DCS. So much more realistic immersion. Now only if i can stop myself from reach out with my hand for the cockpit controls!

Oh, I think DCS needs to bring in the F-16 next :)

:thumbup:

Guys, I am going to get a VR HMD soon, how do you see the Odyssey compare to the Rift? I am running DCS with 8600K+1080Ti

Forget the rift and get the odyssey. It might not be as comfortable and not the biggest sweet spot but the added clarity more than makes up for it. I can read 99% of the text in the Huey now. No chance with the rift. My 2 cents. I’ve had all the hmds. Also np with those specs

Edited by trigen

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

• 1 month later...

Can someone help me. I just bought the Samsung O+ and and can get it working.

I have windows mixed reality for steam and steam vr installed and I can’t get it working right. It’s freezing up and I can’t get myself centered in the cockpit.

I need some serious help. I might return it if I can’t get it going right. But I know it can be done.

I have a good PC with i7 8700 32 gig memeory and 1080ti

Edited by johnic