2080ti in VR

+1 Good question...? I’ll also be interested to hear. Waiting on the DCS VR improvement update coming soon apparently, to see if that helps before considering upgrading though.

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:gun_smilie:

229th Assault Helicopter Battalion - Always Recruiting

If you have a passion for helicopter flight simulation and would like to fly in a friendly and supportive online multiplayer environment, then you’ve just put your skids down safely on the right page…!

DCS Squadron Recruiting Page for the 229th

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=267081

For details see our website at:

http://1stcavdiv.forumotion.net/

I had to build a new system after mine was wrecked post lightening strike. I had a 1080 TI card in the old one and built the new one with a 2080 TI RTX FTW3 card.

My old system was an I7-7700k that was clocked to 4.7

Asus 1080ti

SSD

32 gb 3200 ram...

I ran the first gen Rift with settings pretty low to get decent smoothness and FPS. Screen door effect sucked and couldn't read crap...

Updated my new system to an I9-9900 over clocked to 5.0

M.2 for game drive

64gb Ram 3200

2080 ti liked mentioned above.

Now then in the rift I had maxed out everything to a point.. Not running ultra on my settings but a noticeable improvement across the board. Stutters at dusk on the LHA (with lights on) where gone. Yes it is an improvement but understand please my entire system got improved. Yes I could put water to high, etc...

Also my system is pretty clean. I have gone through and have closed and turned off a lot of microsoft applications that run in the background. I shoot more for "smoothness" in game then FPS alone...

Now.... I got the reverb in yesterday and WOW... its like looking at a high res monitor in 3d. I can easily read everything in the cockpit and there seems like there is little to no noticeable screen door effect... 10X better than the original rift.

Kinda long winded post for the OP's question... Yes I think there is an improvement between the 2 cards, but you have to look at the system as well. Keeping things cleaned up and playing well with each other helps..

Also to add... with the original rift my GPU was maxed out with no overhead... new 2080 ti with pretty high settings, the new GPU was only at 60%.(original rift).. plenty overhead left... have not looked to see what its doing on the new card as of yet with the reverb..

I also pretty much only do MP as well..