Spitfire VS Axis

McPetterson

yes but irl if mw50 system was removed or tank was empty mechanics would block throttle to not enter mw50 boost switch point becouse not only mw50 is going on/of in that position but higher boost limit is set by this and higher rpm where running at this settings will damage engine veryquickly.

simple stop gate on thottle should be instaled

Hmmmmm, nope… that's room for manifold keeping in optimal settings while climbing.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really, maybe you don't understand the context these terms are being used. Some planes accelerates better than others, for example, or turn better than others or retain energy better etc. The bottom line is, when you compare them and try to apply a strategy against the enemy you should know beforehand what kind of strategy to implement and when. In a K-4 I can go with 'turn and burn' against P51 and be safe or I can boom and zoom it and still be safe. Against the Spit, well, it's a different story, boom and zoom all the way, but that means you should be very good with the deflection shooting.

I understand that aircraft have advantages and disadvantages. I am saying that describing an aircraft as an energy fighter is misleading. Some people say a plane is a boom and zoomer, a turn and burner or an energy fighter. Its not that simple and is misleading. I see alot of bad spitfire pilots turning too hard, loosing all thier speed and being shot down. Because you cant simply turn and burn your way out of trouble. You have to manage your energy in the spitfire the same as any other aircraft if you want to be successful.

You are free to do anything with your energy on Spitfire, buy the way it's my favorite, but if a pair of good pilots on K4 decided that you are the aim for them, you have no chances! Because they force you to loose your energy and then finished you! Spitfire IX its Spifire V with more powerful engine! Its most earlier aircraft in DCS now (dont mention I-16). The natural opponent for him was BF-109F! Am i right? Not the Kurfust! So, there is only one way to fly on Spitfire succesfully, it is to fly in pair!

I'm looking for a wingman or a leader for every day flying on Burning Skies!

:pilotfly:

Мой позывной в DCS: _SkyRider_

Мой канал YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGdfzT7-xbgvmPwmUcCNArQ?view_as=subscriber

My callsign on DCS is: _SkyRider_

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGdfzT7-xbgvmPwmUcCNArQ?view_as=subscriber

I've seen people in the Spitfire handling even 3 K4s without problem alone. It's not a lost case, but if the pilot can't handle the plane good or perfectly in those kind of situations, then he shouldn't have gone into such a situation in the first place

You saw a good pilot on Spitfire agains two or three K4 without voice connection! I mentioned a real pair of K4! Which are very good and which are coordinated their actions and have their own tactic!

Edited by Shmal

Мой позывной в DCS: _SkyRider_

Мой канал YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGdfzT7-xbgvmPwmUcCNArQ?view_as=subscriber

My callsign on DCS is: _SkyRider_

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGdfzT7-xbgvmPwmUcCNArQ?view_as=subscriber

You are free to do anything with your energy on Spitfire, buy the way it's my favorite, but if a pair of good pilots on K4 decided that you are the aim for them, you have no chances! Because they force you to loose your energy and then finished you! Spitfire IX its Spifire V with more powerful engine! Its most earlier aircraft in DCS now (dont mention I-16). The natural opponent for him was BF-109F! Am i right? Not the Kurfust! So, there is only one way to fly on Spitfire succesfully, it is to fly in pair!

I'm looking for a wingman or a leader for every day flying on Burning Skies!

:pilotfly:

I find myself fighting multiple german planes a lot in the spit, mainly because its slower. I survive the majority by far and if I don't it's because I made a mistake. Can't fight more then one german in the P51D, and can't even fight the K4 1v1 in the P51D. The spit is also the best plane in fur-balls, you can dive into the middle and chase people knowing that if someone bounces you you can easily evade them. But if a spit bounces you in the middle of a turn fight with someone else your very likely screwed(when flying the FW190 or 109K4).