DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update on the update! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I may be out of the loop here. Has the hotfix containing the hornet MSI dropped?

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I wasn't expecting a Stable update today anyway, and a scheduled OB would be next week, hopefully with that TGP for the Hornet fsgrin.png

bqk3mz03aow21.gif

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I wasn't expecting a Stable update today anyway, and a scheduled OB would be next week, hopefully with that TGP for the Hornet fsgrin.png

I think they're far away from being on schedule currently ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Beware of using too much cores, it can be a bad choice. If your cores have good IPC and high frequency, and you can run everything in 1 or 2 cores, you'll have much more cache hits, since L1 and L2 caches are per core.

Diferences can be huge, for example MATLAB 2013 solved a Matrix Inverse faster using 1 core, thatn using all the 4 cores.

Yes, this is what makes the subject so subjective! If I use 2 cores I get sound issues, yet others get better performance on 1 core, some with 2 cores and others on all cores. It must be very much PC rig dependent.

My DCS.exe now either uses 1 core or All by default when I start up after the latest Open Beta update. Very confusing. I did try setting it to use all in the autoexec.luo but it didn’t do anything, so I removed the setting.

i9 12900KS, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 APEX, 64 GB DDR5 4700 mhz, ASUS RTX4090, Water cooled, C - NVME SSD, 😧 DCS on SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle, Crosswind rudder Pedals, 2 x Thrustmaster MFDs on LCD Screens, Varjo Aero VR, Logitech game controller

today's update is stuck at looking for preparing to torrent.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

today's update is stuck at looking for preparing to torrent.

Works here, first it downloaded 40ish MB and now 180MB. Edit: And now it's finished.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Works here, first it downloaded 40ish MB and now 180MB.

after several tries it has reverted itself back to DCS 2.5.5.32299,

the updater is not updating once It hit the preparing to torrent, phase.

ran repair and it reverted itself back to the earlier version.

found the problem now AVAST is blocking DCS all of a sudden!!

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

after several tries it has reverted itself back to DCS 2.5.5.32299,

the updater is not updating once It hit the preparing to torrent, phase.

ran repair and it reverted itself back to the earlier version.

found the problem now AVAST is blocking DCS all of a sudden!!

Glad you found the problem :beer:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Seems like the INS issues of the Hornet have not been fixed? At leas the changelog doesn't mention them :(

Tornado3 small.jpg

So you OB guys didn't get the VR improvements yet right?

Chill, chill. Were in a season of performance boosts for DCS with all the future stuff announced and I'd just let them do it fair and square, no need to lose sleep over it.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

We've apparently had them since May, but that's another story! A lot more testing going on.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I guess it went past me, I thought the first update didn't had it and there were some speedups even with out but I guess I wasn't paying attention.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Well they put them in but they don't seem to work as expected and as in 2.5.4 dev versions which most probably is the reason why they're asking us to do the performance comparison vs. 2.5.4.30386.

I still have to do the requested Tbilisi test, but I've been struggling with my fps stuck to 45 max which makes me think I still didn't get ASW off properly (would be totally awesome if there were instructions how to while we have to follow those, didn't dare asking in the thread). Did try the registry hack*, Oculus Debug Tool (initially it said it's off) and Oculus Tray Tool (initially this one said it's auto). Plus my VSync is off in all possible setups which is confirmed by getting more than 60fps on screen.

*[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Oculus VR, LLC\LibOVR]

"AswEnabled"=dword:00000000

Alas, in my usual testing environment, the fps didn't improve at all. Getting 30-32ish on the ground or in big city vicinity on the PG map and 40-45ish in less populated areas, same as in 2.5.4.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Well they put them in but they don't seem to work as expected and as in 2.5.4 dev versions which most probably is the reason why they're asking us to do the performance comparison vs. 2.5.4.30386.

I still have to do the requested Tbilisi test, but I've been struggling with my fps stuck to 45 max which makes me think I still didn't get ASW off properly (would be totally awesome if there were instructions how to while we have to follow those, didn't dare asking in the thread). Did try the registry hack*, Oculus Debug Tool (initially it said it's off) and Oculus Tray Tool (initially this one said it's auto). Plus my VSync is off in all possible setups which is confirmed by getting more than 60fps on screen.

*[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Oculus VR, LLC\LibOVR]

"AswEnabled"=dword:00000000

Alas, in my usual testing environment, the fps didn't improve at all. Getting 30-32ish on the ground or in big city vicinity on the PG map and 40-45ish in less populated areas, same as in 2.5.4.

did you set up the OTT tools UI?

unofficially, I'm getting anywhere from 45 to 80 map dependent. I can't reply to the test as I dont have the stable version installed. Caucasus map TBLISI TF-P51 anywhere from 45 to 78.

options = {

["VR"] = {

["box_mouse_cursor"] = true,

["custom_IPD"] = "54",

["custom_IPD_enable"] = true,

["enable"] = true,

["hand_controllers"] = false,

["pixel_density"] = 2,

["prefer_built_in_audio"] = false,

["use_mouse"] = true,

},

["difficulty"] = {

["RBDAI"] = false,

["aircraftMode"] = true,

["autoTrimmer"] = false,

["avionicsLanguage"] = "english",

["birds"] = 10,

["cockpitStatusBarAllowed"] = false,

["cockpitVisualRM"] = false,

["compassTape"] = true,

["controlsIndicator"] = false,

["easyCommunication"] = true,

["easyFlight"] = false,

["easyRadar"] = false,

["externalViews"] = true,

["fuel"] = false,

["geffect"] = "realistic",

["hideStick"] = false,

["iconsTheme"] = "nato",

["immortal"] = false,

["labels"] = 3,

["map"] = true,

["miniHUD"] = false,

["optionsView"] = "optview_all",

["padlock"] = false,

["permitCrash"] = false,

["radio"] = false,

["reports"] = true,

["setGlobal"] = true,

["spectatorExternalViews"] = true,

["tips"] = true,

["units"] = "imperial",

["userMarks"] = true,

["userSnapView"] = false,

["wakeTurbulence"] = false,

["weapons"] = false,

},

["format"] = 1,

["graphics"] = {

["DOF"] = 0,

["LensEffects"] = 0,

["MSAA"] = 0,

["SSAA"] = 0,

["SSAO"] = 0,

["anisotropy"] = 4,

["aspect"] = 1.7777777777778,

["chimneySmokeDensity"] = 1,

["civTraffic"] = "",

["clouds"] = 1,

["clutterMaxDistance"] = 250,

["cockpitGI"] = 1,

["effects"] = 3,

["flatTerrainShadows"] = 0,

["forestDistanceFactor"] = 0.75,

["fullScreen"] = true,

["heatBlr"] = 1,

["height"] = 1440,

["lights"] = 2,

["messagesFontScale"] = 1,

["motionBlur"] = 0,

["multiMonitorSetup"] = "1camera",

["outputGamma"] = 2.2,

["preloadRadius"] = 150000,

["rainDroplets"] = 1,

["scaleGui"] = false,

["shadowTree"] = false,

["shadows"] = 4,

["sync"] = true,

["terrainTextures"] = "max",

["textures"] = 2,

["treesVisibility"] = 6000,

["useDeferredShading"] = 1,

["visibRange"] = "High",

["water"] = 2,

["width"] = 2560,

attachment.php?attachmentid=212472&stc=1&d=1561157849

attachment.php?attachmentid=212526&stc=1&d=1561220805

attachment.php?attachmentid=212595&stc=1&d=1561302957

settings.thumb.jpg.46a370a11e0124c68b8a1b4f766a1ad1.jpg

settings2.thumb.jpg.49d9b2454db553f7828433f79aec4ac1.jpg

vrsettings2.thumb.jpg.e1a2935d3bac9d33a61e8a52307ed3eb.jpg

Edited by Mastiff

Because I don't have hat, I don't eat it.

I wish happy crash reportings to the new stable! :cry:

If windows intercept crash reporter

and you want to get rid of the OS modal window blocking the DCS crash reporter

you can consider to rename the system32/WerFault.exe, to OS not find it and cannot be able to execute it.

(tested OK on Win 8.1 64bit)

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

Me too. I have concerns regarding the current OB version being an identical version number to the Stable and the persistence of, firstly, a bug with the Spitty gunsight randomly blinking out never to return and secondly, a lack of flak in MP servers using the no render option.

Guess what my squad likes to fly the most in our no render dedicated server.....

Yea, I'm not sure that one should actually refer to a version as "stable" if the code it's using was "beta" just four days earlier.

It sort of makes having both versions installed pointless. I might just uninstall my stable version to free up resources.

One can always roll the beta back if a show stopper comes up.