SAM valley - AV-8B SP mission Caucasus (request for feedback)

"SAM valley" is an AV-8B SP mission I made (Caucasus map). It includes some low and fast flying through valley's, to avoid air defenses and reach your target. (unholstered sidearms advised)

Before I place it up for download in the user files section, can somebody here please give me some feedback?

I tested it thoroughly myself, but as I made it, there aren't any surprises and therefor didn't notice any possible problems. Also I only tested (in fact even created) it in VR.

Any feedback is welcome :)

SAM valley.miz

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I liked it. Was challenging but fun. I got a bomb on target but got shot down by a SAM in my turn to make a second pass. I was out of sidearms by the time I actually got to the target. I should have kept two for WP 4. Didn't find any bugs, refueling went good. Plenty of time before he starts his first turn.

The only feedback is maybe put an explanation in the download page on DCS that it is an intermediate level mission and not really for beginners. They will need to understand basic SAM defensive flight maneuvers to stand any chance. Maybe that will keep down some of the hate messages lol. I have the track file if you want it.

I liked it. Was challenging but fun. I got a bomb on target but got shot down by a SAM in my turn to make a second pass. I was out of sidearms by the time I actually got to the target. I should have kept two for WP 4. Didn't find any bugs, refueling went good. Plenty of time before he starts his first turn.

The only feedback is maybe put an explanation in the download page on DCS that it is an intermediate level mission and not really for beginners. They will need to understand basic SAM defensive flight maneuvers to stand any chance. Maybe that will keep down some of the hate messages lol. I have the track file if you want it.

Great to hear you liked it. You're right about it being challenging, as I was hoping this would add to some replay value. I'll add the "beginners warning" line on the download page and maybe also add that it's no shame if you get killed on the first try :P

I indeed placed a few "surprises" near the target area to give it a bit more of a hornets nest feel :D

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH