I-16 activation issue. - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-07-2019, 12:25 AM   #1
Ntrospect

Default I-16 activation issue.

Hi,

This is a Steam install. After I had to re-install Windows 10 the other day, all my modules worked fine upon load, except for my beloved I-16. It shows up on the main screen row, I can select it, however once a flight is selected it does the whole go to the theater map only, do not pass go thingo.

I have tried the various fixes available - ticking the box in my steam DLC to un-install, then re-tick to reinstall, no-go. Removed module entirely from DCS directory structure and let it reinstall that way, nope, waited 4 days to see if the 3-day security system re-authenticates, that'd be a no. The module's too new to have any wiki registry fix available as yet, so no love there.

Here's the output log for my error:
-------------------------------------------------

2019-06-04 22:04:45.077 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: failed to load (mm) ./Mods/aircraft/I-16/bin/I16FM.dll.crypt
2019-06-04 22:04:45.077 ERROR WorldPlugIns: Can't load plugin module I16FM.dll

-------------------------------------------------

Any help on the matter would be appreciated, missing my relaxing early morning I-16 splutter & caffeine fix

Cheers
Ntro

**Edit: (SOLVED). I saw a post on here that stated Win 7 needed a VC pack from Microsoft, I'm Win 10, DL'ed and install..fixed

Go to: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/down....aspx?id=30679
Select - VSU_4\vcredist_x64.exe

Last edited by Ntrospect; 06-07-2019 at 01:01 AM.
Ntrospect is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
activation, failed, i-16