Fairly maneuverable too ...

REL

Sorry guys but this video is faked. The plane he is flying has a single vert stab. and the canapy does not have the correct skeleton.
Seriously...

What youre seeing above the pilots head is NOT a vertical stabilizer, but a line on the canopy, have a look at this photo for a better view of it. But I guess the photo is fake as well... :P

Definitely not fake, I was there. If it was fake, I think we have a serious philosophical discussion on our hands as to what defines my existence and what the definition of "there" is...

I was there last week too when the Viper East team did a demo. Awesome job by both teams as well as all the other performers as well! :thumbup:

http://www.baraboodellsairshow.com/

Stupid thermals...

The amount the pilot is moving around in his seat - leaning forwards especially - surprises me. I was expecting him to be pressed up against the canopy when he did the negative G stuff!

Nope. In jets you are usually strapped in tight at multiple points. Your body can hunch, but your core is usually tight - otherwise you would die on ejection. A negative-G bunt would not make you move from your seat at all. Pilots helmets can touch the canopy sides under the most severe maneuvers but its bad for the canopy - so designs try to avoid it. I've flown inverted for an extended period in an RNZAF CT4B trainer. Did not move from my seat (although your arms 'drop' above your head unless you make an effort).

Sorry guys but this video is faked. The plane he is flying has a single vert stab. and the canapy does not have the correct skeleton.

What? Skeleton?:huh:

Are talking about the line on the canopy itself?

http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/100315-M-1111F-104.jpg

http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/100113-F-6448T-953.jpg

Edited by mvsgas
  • Like 1

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

According to the Modern Hog Guide, that strip on the canopy is meant to dissipate static electricity.

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

Sorry guys but Scabbers was faked. His mom is actually a guy and it was all done with smoke and mirrors.

:thumbup:

thats a great call right there........

i think Major Brown would have something to say about it......had wee giggle at "Major Brown"

the name, not the talent:smilewink:

Action After Contemplation