Do we have a clue on requirements yet?

Conure

As topic! Can't find much info, hoping it'll be similar to BS as I get some slowdown on that when I use the Shkval!

Cheers

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.

You mean system requirements?

Technically speaking, I don't think anyone at ED actually knows what they'll be yet, since there's still a lot of work to do.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

You mean system requirements?

Technically speaking, I don't think anyone at ED actually knows what they'll be yet, since there's still a lot of work to do.

Alright, thanks :-) The 'lot of work to do' means I have lots of time to build a new comp, at least...

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.

You and me both. (Though I don't really need one, but I always want a new computer. :P )

There's no release date yet, but the ambition is this side of new years if I recall correctly. (You can check the interview SimHQ did with Wags if you want more info on that and other issues.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

The system requirements label is not an exact science.

Technically, so long as your system can run Direct X 9.0c and you have space enough on your hard drive, you can run the game. A computer from 2003 could run it, it would just be slow as balls.

The recommended system label is also more of a guesstimation ranging from the bare minimum that can run 30fps to "everything on high, 45fps steady."

If your computer can run DCS:BS or LOFC:2, then you should be fine. There hasn't been many significant changes. It'll be slightly more demanding, but tuning the game settings (From rendering grass to hardware/software sound rendering) should cover those changes.

If 64bit is added and more multi threading is added curint systems runing DCS:BS will run even beter in DCS A-10C. And this is all just a "if"

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

If 64bit is added and more multi threading is added curint systems runing DCS:BS will run even beter in DCS A-10C. And this is all just a "if"

They already confirmed the 64 bit in a thread made about a week ago. If someone could find it (because my lazy arse doesnt feel like it, haha) that would be great.

EDIT - Here I found it. Confirmed by Matt himself

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=55227

Edited by kingneptune117

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

Cat, your logic would only hold true if the only change is introduction of "64-bit [...] and more multi threading". Since there will obviously be new features (larger map, visual stuff etc) it becomes extremely difficult to make a call based solely on utilizing updated technology. In the end: wait until release gets closer and you'll get information. Until then speculation will not get you any predictive capability.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Well I think what he hopes is that if we get 64bit support "in theory" our current systems that do a very good job of running KA-50 should manage to run DCS-A10C. Similar in the spirit of a really good LOMAC/FC PC when Black Shark came out. In my case I had a fairly decent rig for LOMAC/FC but when I ran the Shark on the same rig I had to reduce settings but was still very playable.

EDIT: Obviously until we get specs and/or more info is released this is just speculative guesswork and wishing!

• ED Team

I am testing DCS A-10C with thw 2 systems in my signature below, I find no deterioration from Black Shark.

Edited by JimMack

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

My guess;

Looking solely on the new technology (64bits) i would suspect an performance increase in DCS:BS

Though, A10C adds a lot of other stuff like terrain, buildings, or upgraded more detailed structures. Thus i guess that all in all we will be getting similar performance in DCS A10C as we are getting whit DCS KA50.

Whit some luck there might be a performance increase though this will heavily depend on an individuals EXACT system.

In other words, you wont know how your system is going to run DCS A10C until you run it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Taking this thread a little further, is DCS Warthog likely to be more demanding on the GPU than BS, I currently have a Nvidia 8800GT running on an i7 920 (@4GHz).

I am tempted to upgrade, however I doubt I would see any benefit in BS. But I feel the 8800 is pushed to the limit .

Cheers

Tom

Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, Intel i7 920 Corsair H70 water cooled @4GHz), Corsair XMS3 12GB (6x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C8 (1600MHz) Tri-Channel, Nvidia GTX780, OCZ Vertex 256GB SSD (for OS+DCS), TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS + Saitek Rudder