Computer Target - Unguided - Overshoots

Thisdale

:SOLVED:

Hey guys,

I've been working on unguided drops in COmputer Target (ccrp *cough*) and my bombs constantly overshoot the locked position on the ground.

I, of course, try to fly wing level and constant speed, but it seems that whenever I set the diamond somewhere, bombs will land about 50feet+ past.

Issue?

What i am doing wrong? :pilotfly:

Edited by Thisdale

http://www.youtube.com/konotani

Computer Specs:

Z97X-gaming Mobo

4670k i5

24G DDR3

GTX 1080

Asus PG278Q Rog Swift 27-INCH G-SYNC

Valve Index

Thrustmaster Warthog

Fanatec Clubsport Pedals (used as Rudders)

Thrustmaster T300 Arcantera Wheel

Obutto R3volution rig

I had the same problems with unguided bombs in computer target

Asus Z97-PRO | Intel i7-4790K @ 4.00Ghz | beQuite! PowerZone 650W | Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti | Creative E-MU 1616m | Samsung SSD 840 Evo Basic - 1TB | Win10 |

TM Hotas Cougar w. U2nxt + hall sensors | VPC ACE-1 Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro

Just my rough guess, I have not tried dropping bombs from the CAT yet, but my experience in AV-8B may give you some cue.

Are you targeting the center of your target instead of the bottom of it?

For example, you flying toward a ship from its tail. You want to target its tail instead of the center of the ship.

What altitude were you at? Anything above like 10k is probably going to miss

I've tried at various altitude; roughly 3k, 5k and more. It seems i constantly just overshoot.

I though maybe the speed was affecting this so i tried around 400 all the way to .8ss and its always about the same.

CCIP or Pilot Target is fine tho. Usually land pretty much on.

Also figured it might be the wind, but it doesn't seem to be it either.

Now i'm thinking the Diamond is just too big (i place my target in as much the center as i can).

Computer Specs:

Z97X-gaming Mobo

4670k i5

24G DDR3

GTX 1080

Valve Index

Thrustmaster Warthog

Obutto R3volution rig

I've tried at various altitude; roughly 3k, 5k and more. It seems i constantly just overshoot.

I though maybe the speed was affecting this so i tried around 400 all the way to .8ss and its always about the same.

CCIP or Pilot Target is fine tho. Usually land pretty much on.

Also figured it might be the wind, but it doesn't seem to be it either.

Now i'm thinking the Diamond is just too big (i place my target in as much the center as i can).

When you designate, use the TV, not just the HUD.

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

I have noticed also during extended bombing practice, the accuracy of Computer target goes waaaay out of wack after a few runs, and progressively gets worse. Re-setting the pipper after each run, using the TV to designate the target, holding the FPM on the fall line and computer was pickling as the drop line passed - the bombs are impacting hundreds of meters from the designated spot!

By the end it was so far off that you could barely see the bomb fall lie on the HUD. No wind in the mission.

I also noticed the HUD alignment was even off when coming back to land, like the horizon bars were angled at around 10 degrees to the actual horizon - very strange.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When you designate, use the TV, not just the HUD.

God damnit.

You are so right.

Not that i'd kiss you, but i might make an exception. Just this once.

If it works ;P

Computer Specs:

Z97X-gaming Mobo

4670k i5

24G DDR3

GTX 1080

Valve Index

Thrustmaster Warthog

Obutto R3volution rig

I have noticed also during extended bombing practice, the accuracy of Computer target goes waaaay out of wack after a few runs, and progressively gets worse. Re-setting the pipper after each run, using the TV to designate the target, holding the FPM on the fall line and computer was pickling as the drop line passed - the bombs are impacting hundreds of meters from the designated spot!

By the end it was so far off that you could barely see the bomb fall lie on the HUD. No wind in the mission.

I also noticed the HUD alignment was even off when coming back to land, like the horizon bars were angled at around 10 degrees to the actual horizon - very strange.

Also noticed this yesterday while practicing with adjustment in TV. That looks more like a bug than a feature or part of the 14's "temper" tho. Might want to report that.

Computer Specs:

Z97X-gaming Mobo

4670k i5

24G DDR3

GTX 1080

Valve Index

Thrustmaster Warthog

Obutto R3volution rig

it is like it should be, gyroscopes are drifting with time and when pulling high G's. Also depends on if you got fine ins alignment before takeoff or not

Asus Z97-PRO | Intel i7-4790K @ 4.00Ghz | beQuite! PowerZone 650W | Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti | Creative E-MU 1616m | Samsung SSD 840 Evo Basic - 1TB | Win10 |

TM Hotas Cougar w. U2nxt + hall sensors | VPC ACE-1 Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro