Wiring a 4P3W Mechanical Rotary Switch

obious

Hi All,

I’ve just bought two 4P3W rotary switch’s to use in my F18 cockpit project and I thought I knew how to wire them but now that the time has come to actually solder, it turns out I don’t.

I plan on using them for the DDI’s Off-Night-Day switches which is why I bought the three way version. Anyone have any idea on how to wire them to a Leo Bodnar board? Are they just like regular switches? From the attached image, is ground the red wire?

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRUyiHRNSHQQRlpEAd0GsOMsKudX_o94ppHkQKVMXZKUnUExFSI

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

You will need the actual wiring diagram for that switch, unless the pins are labeled,

The common will go to the ground pin on the bodnar board (red line on your diagram.)

The other indivual position outputs (black lines) will each need to be wired to an input pin on the bodnar.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Looks correct to me.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer