AGM-65E

No, Eagle Dynamics contract prevents them from including the -65E

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

No, Eagle Dynamics contract prevents them from including the -65E

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

As I recall it, there was once a 65E user mod that had to be taken down.

With the Harrier now incorporating this version of the missile, maybe the original contract has been updated, or maybe it was time limited? Or does anyone know whether it has always been specific to just the A-10C?

Since the A-10C is officially feature complete, and has been for years, I still don't think we'll get the Laser Maverick for the Hog, but who knows.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

As I recall it, there was once a 65E user mod that had to be taken down.

With the Harrier now incorporating this version of the missile, maybe the original contract has been updated, or maybe it was time limited? Or does anyone know whether it has always been specific to just the A-10C?

Since the A-10C is officially feature complete, and has been for years, I still don't think we'll get the Laser Maverick for the Hog, but who knows.

The mod was not taken down, but the "hole" in ED's coding that allowed the mod to work was eventually fixed and thus rendering the mod useless.

Iirc that was at a time where there basically only the KA-50 and the A-10C existed in our world. So every discussion about the 64E was therefore also automatically about the A-10C and ED's contract.

Afaik ED's stance still stands: no 65E for A-10C. Besides the fact (iirc) our A-10 Gurus claimed, that the 65E never was used by the A-10C and therefore would not be a realistic loadout.

But yeah, Wags pet phrase might also apply the other way around: everything is subject to change ... (but don't count on it! addendum by me ;-)

• 6 months later...
Technically the A-10C has never carried an “E” model maverick. The Air Force designation is “L” and yes the A-10C can and does carry them. We shot off a lot my last deployment.

Thx for the clarification Snoopy, do you know if this is just a different designation or a completely different model of the AGM-65?

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

Hi, please see this post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=987145&postcount=70

My understanding is that the USANG gave permission to use a certain A-10 suite (3.1), and no further. That suite does not include the laser maverick.

Correct

No AGM-65E(L) will be added.

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

Thx for the clarification Snoopy, do you know if this is just a different designation or a completely different model of the AGM-65?

According to Wikipedia:

Maverick E2/L model incorporates a laser-guided seeker that allows for designation by the launch aircraft, another aircraft, or a ground source and can engage small, fast moving, and maneuvering targets on land and at sea

given the E2 designation, sounds like it got some upgrades in there somewhere.

Hi, please see this post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=987145&postcount=70

No AGM-65E(L) will be added.

that was 8 ( nearly 9) years ago. who knows if the agreement is for an indefinite period or if its not subject to negotiation or expiration after a certain period of time.

That being said i saw some screens of the actuall ANG A10C desktop trainer. They were using a A10C Suite 5.1 not 3.0 that DCS consumer version has. However today the A10C USAF would currently today be using suite 7 or 8.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

that was 8 ( nearly 9) years ago. who knows if the agreement is for an indefinite period or if its not subject to negotiation or expiration after a certain period of time.

That being said i saw some screens of the actuall ANG A10C desktop trainer. They were using a A10C Suite 5.1 not 3.0 that DCS consumer version has. However today the A10C USAF would currently today be using suite 7 or 8.

Fair point, and I love your optimism, but just a quick 5m stint with the search tool on these forums reveals:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2682973&postcount=8

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2874454&postcount=3

Here's a few more recent posts by Skate, little over 2 years ago. If I were a dev/Mod i wouldn't want to keep repeating every post i made every few years, if you've been active for over 8. But it was a fair question since the lasermav has seen some new love between the harrier and the hornet.

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

Fair point, and I love your optimism, but just a quick 5m stint with the search tool on these forums reveals:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2682973&postcount=8

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2874454&postcount=3

Here's a few more recent posts by Skate, little over 2 years ago. If I were a dev/Mod i wouldn't want to keep repeating every post i made every few years, if you've been active for over 8. But it was a fair question since the lasermav has seen some new love between the harrier and the hornet.

Optimism? id like to just think its a fair question. about the status after so many years.

with regards to those searches, i saw them those years ago. All it does is it just reveals a community tester/ forum moderator , is parroting what everyone else and thier mother has been from original statement made by Wags all those years ago. Forum mods or game Testers don't know the inner workings of ED. NO one has yet explained further in depth or clarified priors posts questions before.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Forum mods or community Testers don't know the inner workings of ED.

Unless we take into account that at least one of the moderators is paid by ED and an official employee :music_whistling:

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unless we take into account that at least one of the moderators is paid by ED and an official employee :music_whistling:

if you mean moderator as in Nineline ( formerly sithspawn), yes Hes recentl hired from community as Full time P.R guy, and based on his posts, hes not as enlightened to inner workings as everyone thinks. ITs just "parroting".

FOr eg below Key word is " i was told" not " i saw"

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3699183&postcount=18

Wags on the other hand is a full time Producer ( project management) , and also happens to communicate on forums for P.R from time to time.

Its a different story.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

if you mean moderator as in Nineline ( formerly sithspawn), yes Hes recentl hired from community as Full time P.R guy, and based on his posts, hes not as enlightened to inner workings as everyone thinks. ITs just "parroting".

FOr eg below Key word is " i was told" not " i saw"

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3699183&postcount=18

Wags on the other hand is a full time Producer ( project management) , and also happens to communicate on forums for P.R from time to time.

Its a different story.

As an official PR guy on ED's paylist his words are the official company policy unless stated otherwise (at least this is the case in all companies I know).

Since I suspect you have no more inside view than Nineline and we have no information from Wags that anything has changed on that matter this whole speculation of contracts not longer in place is not more than a waste of time and waking false hopes by some people.

Edited by FSKRipper

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Optimism? id like to just think its a fair question. about the status after so many years.

with regards to those searches, i saw them those years ago. All it does is it just reveals a community tester/ forum moderator , is parroting what everyone else and thier mother has been from original statement made by Wags all those years ago. Forum mods or game Testers don't know the inner workings of ED. NO one has yet explained further in depth or clarified priors posts questions before.

Here state from Wags,first comment from Hellreign82.

KNEW I'd seen a recent statement somewhere, cheers Inf

yea and notice who else asked a question on the topic there which was not answered. :thumbup:

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro