What type of warthog extension?

Buckeye

Is it the same problem if using an alternative base from Virpil or VKB?

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

Probably not, as only Thrustmaster is held together by such a flimsy plastic piece, not really designed for what we're doing with it.

Also keep in mind that the stick won't always break, mine did not and I unscrewed the extension quite a couple of times.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Sahaj 15 cm Extension

I fly the KA-50 most of the time and am using the Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle as a collective (invert direction), TPR Pedals and the Warthog stick with the Sahaj 15 cm Extension and the original spring.

I can highly recommend it! Very precise while soft, there´s no problem to conduct 2h missions at low level / terrain flight. Quality is very good and the package arrived 3 days after my order.

Modules: MI-8, AH-64D, Gazelle, KA-50, UH-1, AJS-37 Viggen, F-16, F/A-18, UH-60L Mod, (OH-58D 😬)

Wishlist: MH-60 Blackhawk, Afghanistan Map

Gear: Virpil Collective with UH-60 grip, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick, 15 cm Extension (Sahaj), TM TPR Pedals

I fly the KA-50 most of the time and am using the Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle as a collective (invert direction), TPR Pedals and the Warthog stick with the Sahaj 15 cm Extension and the original spring.

I can highly recommend it! Very precise while soft, there´s no problem to conduct 2h missions at low level / terrain flight. Quality is very good and the package arrived 3 days after my order.

I should have said, if you use extensions, the spring mod is not needed. You get more torque with the extensions so the spring mod is a moot point.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Correct.

The original stick has a locking detent so it holds the gimbal in place, but extensions and 3rd party grips don't, so there's a risk too much force will be transfered to the gimbal when unscrewing.

If you hold the plastic shaft section at the top of the gimbal, you eliminate any loading of the actual gimble stops.

The last time I took my handle off, I was sure it would break if I kept twisting and so I supported the shaft with some thin channel lock pliers.

That thicker part could also break of course but no where as easily as the tabs on the gimbal itself.

Note where the silver channel lock pliers are.

I think that is the best bet. Not 100% perhaps but there is no way safer in my opinion.

PIC_0017.thumb.JPG.e4290859bfc96469c5bf8f40103769e9.JPG

PIC_0018.thumb.JPG.7e1af1986beb2b2f24fe331bd9b8e541.JPG

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

I bought all four lengths (7.5, 10 , 15, 20) back around Christmas, from Sahaj. He had a good deal going. I just got around to playing with them. Currently I have the 7.5, 15, and the 20 on with the base on the floor. Just ordered the blue spring.

What are peoples thoughts on a comfortable length? I'm still experimenting.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

i'm looking for an extension that is as short as possible. I only want to realize a 10°-15° counterclockwise rotation on my now center mounted Warthog Stick without lengthening it.

Is the Virpil 50mm the shortest? Their product description states it doesn't work with TM Warthog Base + Grip?! Is this correct?

Do you guys know alternative Solutions?

I read about rotating the axis by a T.A.R.G.E.T script. But by doing this i will get a "Thrustmaster Combined Device" and loose the plug and play functionallity with DCS modules and would have to redo all control setups, right?

Thank you.

Matthl

5 cm are the shortest, but maybe you can ask Sahaj or other manufacturer to make you a custom one. The problem is not the extension itself but you need to fit a cable with two plugs inside.

I think you can modify target script to keep the separate devices visible, only the new custom axis will be assigned on the combined device.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Hi,

i'm looking for an extension that is as short as possible. I only want to realize a 10°-15° counterclockwise rotation on my now center mounted Warthog Stick without lengthening it.

Is the Virpil 50mm the shortest? Their product description states it doesn't work with TM Warthog Base + Grip?! Is this correct?

Do you guys know alternative Solutions?

I read about rotating the axis by a T.A.R.G.E.T script. But by doing this i will get a "Thrustmaster Combined Device" and loose the plug and play functionallity with DCS modules and would have to redo all control setups, right?

Thank you.

Matthl

Matthl,

If you don't want the "Thrustmaster Combined Device" you could use TARGET for just the Joystick. You'd get the rotation you want and keep the programming to a minimum. It would require an editing of the target.tmh, but it's not difficult at all.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Thanks some1 & SGT Coyle for your answers.

I think i will play around with TARGET a bit this evening. Already programmed a script for falcon bms but that was years ago, so i almost forgot everything. :huh:

Have sent a mail to Sahaj as well.

Does someone know if the Virpil 50 mm would work with the Warthog - maybe with a trick/ modifying it? I think i read somewhere someone is using it with a warthog, but can't find the post an more.

Just wanted to pop on and share my experience with my new 10cm extension from Sahaj. It is amazing. I can’t compare it to other extensions, since this is the only one I have, but it arrived super quick (ordered in USA on 4/23 and it arrived from Poland on 5/4). It came with a little extension cable to connect the stick. It installed super easy.

I can’t believe what a difference this small extension makes while flying. I’ve never been in love with the response from the Warthog stick, even with curves, but this extension fixes any issue I had with it. It makes the stick so much more responsive. I just love it.

• 3 months later...
Just wanted to pop on and share my experience with my new 10cm extension from Sahaj. It is amazing. I can’t compare it to other extensions, since this is the only one I have, but it arrived super quick (ordered in USA on 4/23 and it arrived from Poland on 5/4). It came with a little extension cable to connect the stick. It installed super easy.

I can’t believe what a difference this small extension makes while flying. I’ve never been in love with the response from the Warthog stick, even with curves, but this extension fixes any issue I had with it. It makes the stick so much more responsive. I just love it.

Did you also go for his replacement springs, or is this not needed, when using a 10-15cm extension? I will receive my Wartog soon and want to tweak it a bit.

Ryzen 5800XD - 32GB RAM - Sapphire RX 7900 XTX - VKB Stuff + MFG Crosswind Pedals

Homebase: Southwest Germany 🇩🇪

• 4 months later...
Did you also go for his replacement springs, or is this not needed, when using a 10-15cm extension? I will receive my Wartog soon and want to tweak it a bit.

I haven´t tried 10 or 15cm with the standard spring, but with the Virpil 20cm (s-type) extension only and TM Hornet grip on top, the spring of the WH base struggles to recenter the stick and with the even heavier WH grip attached, it doesen´t recenter at all. I´m now using the WH base with Sahaj´s blue spring and Virpil 10cm extension + 5cm extension + 20cm s-type extension with Hornet grip on top and it´s okay. Sahaj offers the red spring for 10-20cm extensions and i would highly recommend that for you. And if switching springs anyways, Sahaj´s silicone rings are also worth a look. Can only recommend them, the original rubber ring wears out relatively fast and silicone has a much longer lifetime...

1427380016_WHdoesnotrecenteranymore.thumb.JPG.7e40d878d3cdacc558fe54809610e6c5.JPG

Edited by VpR81

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus + F-15EX / 4x TM Cougar MFD / Slaw Device RX Viper V3 / HP Reverb G2

I have 2 long extensions from Sahaj he sells them through a link in the for sale forum. I’m hoping he can build me a single curved on that will replace the 2 extensions I have . The 2 extensions allows me to Velcro the large base plate yo the carpeted floor of my pit.and the grip is the correct height

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.