Regarding DCS World 2.1 Release

Wags

Does l the slider work if you are using Oculus?

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Indeed it does. In fact, this was one of the big reasons why we added this new function.

It looks quite brilliant in VR now.

+1 :thumbup: Normandy looks fantastic

Now it is a long wait for the next gen 4K VR screen :D

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Indeed it does. In fact, this was one of the big reasons why we added this new function.

YAY!

Thanks guys :thumbup:

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have been a bit cynical lately - so I apologise. That is great news Wags.....keen to see how it goes in VR with DS now. Along with the new-found performance gained with deleting folders and disabling indexing etc DCS is looking pretty good! On top of that I see you guys have made some improvements to 2.1 already, nice. :notworthy:

The bad news...I might have to dust off the wallet and pick up some more modules now...:pilotfly:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Could you comment on if it resolves some of the night time flying issues in VR that exist, which I hope you have some awareness of? And I might have overlooked it, but will we be seeing this new control this week, or is it still being tuned? Are other image tuning controls possible and if it is possible, not saying definitely, could some others be added in the future?

I am really looking forward to seeing this. Thank you for adding it.

Edited by Torso

It just keeps getting better, Gamma sliderz FTW:pilotfly:

Will it be Friday or Wednesday :music_whistling:

Announcement is up on Update 1 for DCS 2.1, nothing mentioned on the gamma slider for it...

Sounds like may be Wed then - hopefully.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

One of the most important changes we have made is the addition of a gamma slider. Depending on a user's monitor, the image can look quite different. We hope this new option will allow you all to adjust the image to your preference.

Great stuff Wags!

A fast response to a much asked for feature.

Top marks for customer care!

Edited by philstyle

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

One of the most important changes we have made is the addition of a gamma slider. Depending on a user's monitor, the image can look quite different. We hope this new option will allow you all to adjust the image to your preference.

Oh wow! Is this coming with today's update? My monitor has great contrast and good blacks, so I think Ill be pushing that baby down quite a bit.

Is there a gamma "test" picture, like most other games have? You know, like a black and white symbol, where you adjust the gamma until it becomes barely visible?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

IMHO it was a little frustrating to have not played it on the Friday as it was taking ages to download so i got up at 5am on Saturday morning to play after leaving to download overnight and with a 200MB link that felt strange

First Impressions:

Lighting conditions are far too bright in the world at high sun times (has already been reported)

TrackIR performance is butter smooth with everything Maxed out.

Rift however is playable, when looking straight ahead if i move my head more that a 90 arch (say look left or right at the ground) there is a stutter there. very noticeable.

Overall I feel it was defo worth the money and look forward to the great work you guys are doing for future updates.

Thanks Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Wow downloading the update now, seems to be pretty large ( app 6gb) for no more than was in the release notes...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Rift however is playable, when looking straight ahead if i move my head more that a 90 arch (say look left or right at the ground) there is a stutter there. very noticeable.

Overall I feel it was defo worth the money and look forward to the great work you guys are doing for future updates.

Thanks Specter

Yeah I notice the same thing - smooth out the front but stutters when looking sideways. Must be a VR-specific thing?

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is not VR specific, I use TrackIR and I can see the stutter a little looking forward, but when I turn my head left or right I can see my wing tip inching along the sky in jumps a half second apart.

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung

• 2 weeks later...

6. If using Deferred Shading, you may wish to set your MSAA and Anisotropic values to zero, and instead enable these only through your graphics cards settings manager.

Wags,

There is no way that I know to "enable these only through your graphics cards settings manager".

I have a 1080ti, with the latest 382.53 drivers and have tried to set both AA and MSAA through the Nvidia control panel but none of these take effect.

(There was an earlier post which said to ALT+ENTER to ensure the Nvidia control panel settings take effect but that does not work either)

If you have managed to do it, can you tell us how by posting screen shots?

Thanks.

Edited by speedbird5

Wags,

There is no way that I know to "enable these only through your graphics cards settings manager".

I have a 1080TI, with the latest 382.53 drivers and have tried to set both AA and MSAA through the Nvidia control panel but none of these take effect.

If you have managed to do it, can you tell us how by posting screen shots?

Thanks.

As far as I am aware, it is as simple as setting them to 0 in-game then in the Nvidia utility telling it 'Override Any Application Settings' and putting in the setting you want to use. Are you saying that doing that has no visible result in the game?

==============================================================================================================================

56sqn US@R

Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 16Gb RAM, Intel Core i3/i5/i7 6xxx @ 2700 MHz

As far as I am aware, it is as simple as setting them to 0 in-game then in the Nvidia utility telling it 'Override Any Application Settings' and putting in the setting you want to use. Are you saying that doing that has no visible result in the game?

Yes, that is correct, no visible result in the game. No effect whatsoever.

Unacceptable shimmering and jagged edges.

In-game MSAA and AF are off. My Nvidia control panel settings are below.

Capture.JPG.433e40bcdf929aaec2db3127505251c3.JPG

Edited by speedbird5

Roblex, the nvidia settings are not working no matter how you adjust them.

Only the DCS settings are working. Its not possible to override DCS via Nvidia control panel in 2.1.

In 1.5 is working perfect.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

• ED Team
Not sure if this has been asked Wags, but will we see more airfields to be added in the future just like NTTR?

I think we already got it with the bases added in the UK just before launch (those were not part of the original plan), I dont think there is anymore plans for more airfields, that said once its complete, we should have the feature to place airfields in the future.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• 2 months later...