$50 US what would you buy?

Muddy17

Neither, between the Mirage, F-5, F-14, F-15, F-18, AJS-3 and, AV-8B, we have enough western 3rd and 4th gen fighter-bombers. I'd save my money for something different. Too much of the same thing is boring.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

Just about any Russian fighters (or attack aircraft). We've pretty well got all the western bases covered. Short of the ultra modern stuff like the 35 or 22 (which won't even be possible for decades if we're super optimistic), everything one could want aside from a heavy bomber or cargo aircraft is pretty much represented a few times over once everything currently in the works is out. We need more Russian planes. Outside the MiG-21bis we really have no full fidelity aircraft for the fighter aspect, and just the Frogfoot for the attack end. Pretty scarce. We need some stuff that's fun to fly from the eastern side. Not more western stuff.

I realize specific planes for the west are missing. For example the F-16. But it's roles are more than covered several times over. Some of that stuff should be pushed back until we have an evenly matched scale. So yeah, outside the F-14, anything high fidelity and DCS level on the Russian (or Chinese... Chengdu J-10) side would get my money thrown at it instantly (even if it was just a proper version of the 27 or 33.)

Edited by OneBlueSky

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Neither, between the Mirage, F-5, F-14, F-15, F-18, AJS-3 and, AV-8B, we have enough western 3rd and 4th gen fighter-bombers. I'd save my money for something different. Too much of the same thing is boring.

3rd gen fighter bombers? we have none yet. F5 is a economical export mulirole Fighter, for second rate militaries that couldn't afford the F4. F4 was a major fighter of the 3rd generation very prolific aircraft of the legacy 3rd generation, Its a must have, and also was exported quite abit. Used by UK and West German AF, among others. WE need to have vietnam era scnearios as well hypothetical Cold war gone hot of the 60s- 70s.

F105 a century series fighter is technically a 2nd generation aircraft, with the D model being a second generation plane upgraded to early 3rd generation standards.

F105 and F4 are far from the same thing or level as the 4th generation aircraft as the Teen fighters let alone comparing to a VTOL attacker.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

For $50 i would buy a DCS SR-71 BlackBird.......for Spying all those other big birds in wars on online servers.......

SR-71 num num num num num

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In all seriousness I swear I read someone was working on an OV-10 Bronco on these very forums. I would like to buy that. I love the visibility that aircraft offers.

I found this MOD

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/600266/

I would also like the Harrier but I have heard that is canceled.

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What does 6 gallons of 100 LL go for these days?

At my airport? That would be around $18 this time of year. This time last year? Closer to friggin' $25.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

I'd buy something that was actually useful, not an L39, Hawk, F5, ect...Still my major concern, the aircraft we get, while appreciated, are all over the place (era) and even worse, trainers that are only used in single player.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

DCS Multi-crew AC-130 Specter Gunship

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

DCS Multi-crew AC-130 Specter Gunship

While I would be stunned if it ever happened, I would recover quickly enough to buy it the first moment it was available. :thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'd buy something that was actually useful, not an L39, Hawk, F5, ect...Still my major concern, the aircraft we get, while appreciated, are all over the place (era) and even worse, trainers that are only used in single player.

Well, if there was a mig-19 and mig-23, f-100, f4, and a few other planes from that era, it would be possible to do a proper pre-iff era dogfight server... us airplanes vs Russian,but since there's really only a handful of planes that have iff that are even remotely practical to make, dogfight servers end up being extremely lop-sided when they go east vs west, and nobody wants to fly without iff when both teams fly the same planes, mostly because bfm and wvr are a foreign concepts to aim120 lobbers, so everyone has to use tactics that nullify the aim120... making it impossible for good bfm combat unless luck comes into play...

Edited by Hadwell

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

^I'll BFM you for that 120B DLZ! :D

"It could be worse" doesn't make what it currently is less bad...

and i mean that in the sense that BVR missiles make air combat less about air combat and more about learning to evade missiles.

if what you're trying to say is the aim-120 is even more overpowered in real life....

so yeah I'd pay 50$ for a russian missile equivalent to the aim-120 that could go on the su-27 or mig-29.

at least give the russian planes a missile that they can launch at 20km+ ranges and then just run and hide too...

if you can't beat'em, join'em kinda thing...

Edited by Hadwell

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would pay $50 to buy a better MIG21-bis. Not current one.

:music_whistling: Sour grapes over patch troubles. Protip: They're working on it.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!