Gun changes into 10rnd burst mode

SkipperSMG

Hy there, i have a problem with the A-10C. I bought a new HOTAS and after i tested it, I've noticed, that evey time I use a Weapon (MAVs, Bombs, even TGP, etc.) my gun turns into 10rnd burst mode. Except the fact that it sounds terrible ( 10rnd, 10rnd, 10rnd and so on) I can't stay on target anymore. I played the training mission again and searched the manual but i cant find any hint whats going on there. Maybe i messed something up with the profile, but i cant figure out what I've done wrong. Can anyone help me or have an idea where to find the solution?

Greetings

Hoping for the best :/

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It sounds to me like you may have a keybind set to the joystick programming software as maybe a multikey macro. (ie It recorded you tapping spacebar, or whatever the default fire key is, for a small amount of time.)

The reason I say this is because you say you're having trouble staying on target, if PAC1 is engaging, this should be a problem as long as it stays engaged.

What HOTAS did you get? That will help us out a lot in troubleshooting it.

Thanks for the fast response :)

Im using the Saitek X-55 ( i know about the problmes some people have, but mine works great also the connection between stick, spring and bottom plate doesnt make problems, still testing ). I checked the bindigs in the software, but all looks fine. PAC-1 is binded with "P" in the software and PAC-2 with the Spacebar. I dont have any Problems with this config until i use any other type of weapon. All works great than switching to MAV for example and voila there you go.

Concerning the controlabillity: After this sh** happens i have to press the PAC-1 button for every little "burst" and thats impossible.

I know, hard to understand, I'll try to make a video showing what im mean.

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

U unbound the space bar from it original first?

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

TeamSpeak running? If so try closing it. There is a press to talk setting that can mess with Saitek software. It's on the press to talk page; you want Keyboard & Mouse only from bottom drop down if it turns out to be the issue; anyway it results in all manner of flaky hotas problems, so wouldn't be surprised.

Ok guys thank you very very much for so many responses, DCS community still best community :) i tried now all of your suggestions, installing everything new, checked all twice and it seems something has worked ^^. I dont really know what has made the difference but I think it works properly now. Maybe i have done something somewhere that messed all up, but anyway, know its working.

( Im pretty sure that it wasnt TS because i have done that already years ago with an other joystick that has caused problems, also the setting with only Keybard & mouse input but thank you anyway)

Thank you for your time and help :)

Greetings

UPDATE: It was my USB Port :/ I have measured it now. The port my stick is plugged into somhow doesn't deliver enough amp. I repositioned my cables and plugged the stick into an other port. now its working. Anyway, thank you for helping even if i could have figured it out by myself

Edited by SkipperSMG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]