Back in the virtual sky

SkinnyCyclist

A couple of weeks ago when I was cleaning out the bedroom top wardrobes I stumbled across (not really, I know they’ve been there for years…) my carefully and lovingly stowed flight sim gear. I removed the bubble wrap and touched the cold and sturdy stick – and felt a strong and familiar desire.

From a gaming point of view, I’ve spent the last couple of years grabbing various kinds of steering wheel in the virtual world of (car) racing but the time has come to take to the skies again!

And what I wonderful sky it is. Now having a good set of PC hardware, I feel that I can enjoy DCS World and its modules even more. I have already spent far too much blue cheese in a short time on various modules such as the F/A-18, AV-8B and the Tomcat but the quality and attention to detail in these modules are astounding. This is going to be fun!

Best Regards,

Richard

Windows 10 Home | ASUS Strix Z270H Gaming | 16GB DDR4 RAM | Intel Core i7 7700K 4,2GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Logitech G533 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5

Welcome back! Make sure you have good pedals and take a spin with the helicopters as well :thumbup:

For performance - it's not just the hardware, much work and optimization has been going on with the engine itself. Looks pretty today.

There is even multiplayer with squadrons and dedicated server software nowadays.

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS