My custom made AV8B Nozzle/STO lever & VR Cockpit

moespeeds

Finally finished my Nozzle/STO lever. Pots track both levers in-game, and the STO detents even correspond to the proper positions. There is a pull-though stop at 82 degrees.

Video:

Nsb7Id9.jpg

I also built the left side of the cockpit

sVcPGIz.jpg

Edited by moespeeds
  • Like 1

Moe "Moespeeds" Colontonio

vVMA 231

http://www.vvma-231.com/

Looking for a serious US based Harrier Squadron? We are recruiting!

cracking job, mate

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

That’s lovely. VERY nice job!

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

LOVE it!

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Now that is cool! great job there my man, excellent work!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 2 weeks later...

wow!

Could you elaborate a part list?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Awesome work well done. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Hmm, not really sure what you mean?

It's a Leo Bodnar Joystick board, 2x 10k pots, and the rest was custom made.

Yeah, I imagined something similar for electronics.

But my main focus would be the metal structure attached to the WH throttle, not the consoles.. Do you have blueprints that you are willing to share of the nozzle lever?

Is tha CNC worked?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

• 9 months later...

Anyone ever thought of custom moding a Warthog throttle to make a AV8B throttle?

I'm no exbert but I keep thinking I could just re-engineer the two throttles and swap the buttons over to make a complete AV8b set up. Maybe I'll need to draw something up for you all to see.

• 1 month later...

This question for the OP, but really anyone with knowledge, how do you adjust the friction level for the levers in your build. I was wondering how to keep levers from flopping around in a build I'm working on. Is it a series of washers at the pivot point or some thing else?

Looks awesome!

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Tundra sorry for the late reply, (1 year!) I never saw your question. It's all one off, machined with a manual lathe and mill. I drew it up on a napkin, and winged it from there, so no blueprints, sorry. The curved cover is a section out of a 10" diameter aluminum tube.

I've since made another for a guy that's only a bit over 2" wide, just like the real thing.

For friction, each lever just rotates on a bolt with bronze washers for bushings, threaded into a block inside. The block has a set screw that runs into the bolt, so you loosen the set screw through a little hole in the front of the unit, set tension by dropping a wrench through the slot on top, then tighten up the screw.

Yeah, I imagined something similar for electronics.

But my main focus would be the metal structure attached to the WH throttle, not the consoles.. Do you have blueprints that you are willing to share of the nozzle lever?

Is tha CNC worked?

JPEG_20190521_195049.thumb.jpg.33d11d26f21dc93dbfe7fff6f73eb5c9.jpg

• Like 1

vVMA 231

• 9 months later...

The price would be off the scale. For my time it would be somewhere around $1500, that's why I never bothered to try and sell them.

Thrustmaster is now producing a set of airbus levers. These are made to work with their airbus throttle quadrant, but with a Bodnar board and some light fabrication,  you could easily make these into Harrier Nozzle levers.

5f4f77e1eaff2.jpg

vVMA 231

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have question about the stop lever positions holes, that is there just a simple math to figure the holes positions or was it easier to go through trial-and-error that move the lever and mark the positions the game corresponds them and then drill the holes? Like I could think that just marking first and last holes and then place proper pacing to right amount of holes is enough?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 2 months later...

The DCS in cockpit lever does not seem to follow a linear path when you apply it to an arc. I initially tried to use math, but it didn't work so I had to actually mark each position and drill. If you look closely, you can see those holes are not evenly spaced, yet in game they line up just about perfect. The recent update that gave the STO axis "detents" screwed it up a bit, but it's still close enough.

On 2/11/2021 at 3:52 AM, Bbow said:

Cool, thanks , I did find some good ones there.  It looks like you got a pushbutton there for the flap BIT test however, there is no key combination under control options for the bit test. Did you modify the LUA to create one?  

Nah, it's INOP

vVMA 231