New home cockpits sub-forum structure idea

draken152

I have feeling it is starting to be a mess in home cockpit sub-forum. Our pit builder’s community is growing, lot of new guys are asking the same questions, some inspirational cockpit builds are not visible (who is building a pit isn’t usually doing update each week :cry:), some information/guides are hard to find....

As example: how many people are aware about this build (it is not there where you expect should be)

What about to change the structure to something like this:

Home cockpits

- Cockpit builds (just for cockpit builds threads)

- How to (for guides, software information/announcement like DCS Bios)

- Questions (for question etc.)

I know it will be harder to manage by moderator and it will be necessary to sort all the existing thread to new sub-forums ( we don’t need to go back to 2008 we can make also kind of archive) but it also more systematic...

It is just idea, it can also be totally different structure and sub-forum names…Simply how to make home cockpits sub-forum more transparent.

Any suggestion or comments are welcome.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Building FW190D pit ,,To Dora with love" http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=132743

It’s good intention on several aspects.

The amount of data/threads to wade through and browse to find a perticular topic is massive.

Problem is as I see it is also the diversity of info within a thread bounce all over (as it should) and continue to grow. Placing a a thread in the correct topic and update’em would be a nightmare for moderators.

A sugggestion whould by to define different Tags of topic, that can by appiled to threads (several per threads). Add to that a tag based search engine with option for free text it.

To further add to functionallity, a way to add ratings for each tread would ease the searchtask.

In my dreams I know but it would be a way to have a dynamic way to update the threads while lessen the workload for the moderators.

(And thanks for the link to kadda’s build thread. Totaly missed that

All the best

/gus

Edited by Duckling

- - - -

I agree with th op and I would propose we add a separate section for DCS BIOS.

I would also like to see this section devoted exclusively to Hard Core cockpit building. Not somebody who mounts a stick and throttle on his desk and then posts... this is my cockpit, what do you think. The input/output section should be for those posts and the Home Cockpit section should be for those building an actual cockpit. I'm not being a snob by suggesting this but this section needs to cater to those who are hard core builders. It should facilitate the exchange of info related to electronics, programming, avionics, CNC and the mechanical challenges involved with building/replicating an actual cockpit..

I really like the idea of having separate sections for “how to”, progress updates and areas to discuss build problems and DCS BIOS questions/assistance.

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

I wold also suggest a VR Simpit section which is where I sit, keen to have a pit WIP but not so hard core to replicate an aircraft. I've scratch built pedals and collective and cyclic.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.