Slight deadzone in cyclic

deanbrh

Hi,

Does this FM have a slight deadzone in the cyclic action? There's an area of non-input and then suddenly it responds abruptly (as we all know) once you leave the center deadzone on the cyclic.

I'm using a pro-flight trainer lynx cyclic, which hasn't a deadzone, so it's not the stick.

The FM no, It accelerates fast and hard with my stick input, I set my system up for the smallest of centre stick movement.

Are you sure there is no hard ware or software dead zone?

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Yes, this is noticeable. From a hover, look down at your stick and you will notice movement of the in-game cyclic for a couple millimeters with exactly zero pitch/roll on the helicopter. I have tested this extensively with HOTAS warthog, so you may be sure there is no hardware deadzone. Also, when pitch, roll or yaw rate approach zero, the helicopter seems to 'lock' the current pitch, roll or yaw rate at zero. This is easily tested with pedals. I am using MFG crosswind. Once the correct antitorque is applied to completely neutralize your yaw rate, significant pedal movement is needed to "break out" of zero yaw. The same is true of pitch and roll.

I have the Gazelle setup like Rogue Trooper.

When I started out I had quite a bit of curve on the stick with no dead zone added, if you add too much curve this can feel like a dead zone, now I only use and find it better to use a tiny little bit of a curve, must be getting used to the sensitivity and flight model.

Now if I think of flowing in a hover left she will go left, just leaning on the stick.

CH fighterstick and pro throttle.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Yes, this is noticeable. From a hover, look down at your stick and you will notice movement of the in-game cyclic for a couple millimeters with exactly zero pitch/roll on the helicopter. I have tested this extensively with HOTAS warthog, so you may be sure there is no hardware deadzone. Also, when pitch, roll or yaw rate approach zero, the helicopter seems to 'lock' the current pitch, roll or yaw rate at zero. This is easily tested with pedals. I am using MFG crosswind. Once the correct antitorque is applied to completely neutralize your yaw rate, significant pedal movement is needed to "break out" of zero yaw. The same is true of pitch and roll.

Watch the autopilot/SAS needles at the same time, or alternately, turn off the pitch/roll/yaw SAS channels. It may be that you have to push past the SAS before your inputs start mattering. Just a guess.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

Watch the autopilot/SAS needles at the same time, or alternately, turn off the pitch/roll/yaw SAS channels. It may be that you have to push past the SAS before your inputs start mattering. Just a guess.

Unfortunately this phenomenon occurs with all SAS channels disabled as well.

Translational lift is greatly undermodeled.

Ground effect does not appear to be modeled at all.

Rotor flapping appears to be modeled visually but does not appear to affect flight.

Transverse flow/blowback is not modeled.

Dissymetry of lift is not modeled except at extremely high speeds.