Help verify a bug (Glideslope)

JG14_Smil

From the Manual, Page 191:

"When distance of 21±3 km is reached, then in front and rear cockpits, the END OF DESCENT (Cloud penetration is finished) signal will be on and glideslope deviation pointer show airplane position relative to altitude of 600 m, set speed of 350 km/h"

I am following instructions for use of RSBN navigation, Glide slope and Landing procedures. Things go well when using RSBN navigation mode and early on in the glideslope mode. At 21+/-3km from the field, the glide path altitude indicator should take you to 600m alt and "End of Descent" light should come on.

Instead, I see it taking me to 300m and no light coming on. I never see any ILS flags change or any Landing ILS changes on the HSI. Proper switches have been made and all beacons are properly working, but no joy.

If anyone is bored and is interested in this aspect of the L-39, can you verify this as happening. I just want to make sure it is a bug and not some feature.

Might even make an official bug report if so, although the Ka-50 has taught me it is a waste of time doing it.

On another note, regarding the RSBN beacon being off center from runway. Is it even possible to do a zero, zero, blind approach in the L-39? From what I read (and the way it acts), it seems as it is designed to just get you close enough for a visual.

thanks,

Edited by JG14_Smil

I found the End of Descent light to be working when online. The 'second' SDU switch slaves it to the ADI pointers along with the HSI pointers.

I can fly to an RSBN airport under the hood. I just cannot land with it and I guess that is how it is with this plane (just like you explained it to me ;p ).

Instead, I see it taking me to 300m and no light coming on. I never see any ILS flags change or any Landing ILS changes on the HSI. Proper switches have been made and all beacons are properly working, but no joy.

Which airfield was that? It's been a while since I used glide slope mode, but don't recall having a problem with it.