MRW...

-Rudel-

muh-moh

uyuWbEt.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Looking for march update. :)

Im not in WW2 planes but its a japanese plane teasing.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

The center most plug on the 3d model is not centered, it's off to one side. None of the pics so far match that.

Yep, none of these pics are correct, the Zero may be wishful thinking. That model has some distinct features that are clearly apart from any guesses so far.

The center most plug on the 3d model is not centered, it's off to one side. None of the pics so far match that.

I don't think so, that looks to be the viewing angle and the fact that the head itself is asymmetric.

The portion of the head below the plug has 5 cooling fins while the upper portion has 11 (which happens to match my photo :music_whistling:)....though thee cooling fins in my photo were repaired (likely "restored") at some point. The number was kept correct, but certain parts are a little "rough around the edges".

There are parts missing from the render (at least plug wires), which makes it harder to judge, not to mention the very focused field of view.

-Nick

the base of the cylinders (compare the size of the nuts) and pushrods do not correspond currently but they may be heavily wip and also many minor variations exist of the sakae that it would be fallacious to assume any random image would be enough to prove this isn't a sakae. all things considered the configuration of the nuts and pushrod ends do suggest it is either a sakae or homare.

i'm really waffling as to whether it could be a homare or not. an n1k/ki-84/a7m would make for a logical counterpart to an f4u.

a detail that match a homare would be the central placement of the nut in front of the pushrod. on the other hand the nearby crankcase nut is further back, more like a sakae. depending on which image you look at, a homare cylinder could possibly be beefy enough or too beefy to match with the render; although proportion would be a bad criteria to be judging by at this stage.

Edited by probad

an n1k/ki-84/a7m would make for a logical counterpart to an f4u.

?? the F4U spent 2 years dominating A6Ms before the N1K and KI-84 ever saw action. And only 10 A7Ms are said to have ever been built..

I'd rather be fighting battles against a well equipped 1942 Japan then a crippled 1944 Japan, where aircraft performance varied from buno to buno.

Also, the manual for the aircraft better reference suicide tactics!

People often seem to forget that Japan had an airforce too. The IJAAF was generally far better about updating to new aircraft than the IJN was. The K-44 and Ki-61 were nothing to laugh at, both were in widespread frontline usage in 1943.

In any case, I suspect that pic is for an AI aircraft or the F4U itself (I haven't looked closely at its engine). LNS has stated the F4U will be packaged with Iwo Jima and appropriate AI units. The A6M is certainly an appropriate AI unit even if one of the least capable Japanese fighters around at the time. I also retract my previous statement about none of the pics matching, on further inspection, yes, the plug is in fact centered.

The general layout of the cylinder and cooling fins match Sakae engine as well as Homare engine (as they share cylinders design) however there are certain details :

nrl0p9.jpg

that make it hard to match it with anything known to me.

In general that indeed looks like Sakae/Homare cylinder and resembles Japanese design but details confuse. It's a very early model so its possible certain details are not finished and some were omitted on purpose :)

Rudel is definitely best troll on the forums :P

Edited by Hiromachi

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

The general layout of the cylinder and cooling fins match Sakae engine as well as Homare engine (as they share cylinders design) however there are certain details :

nrl0p9.jpg

that make it hard to match it with anything known to me.

In general that indeed looks like Sakae/Homare cylinder and resembles Japanese design but details confuse. It's a very early model so its possible certain details are not finished and some were omitted on purpose :)

Rudel is definitely best troll on the forums :P

Thank you. It seemed no one was paying attention to those details. So far none of the comparisons show the push rod bases having anything similar to the WIP.

Toten

Tiger-Spit-Viggen-Fishbed-Sabre-Dora-Kurfurst-Mustang-Huey-Warthog-Hip-Black Shark Driver (Not necessarily in that order)

MSI 970A-G40 MoBo, AMD FX-8350 8 Core, Patriot Viper 24 GB DDR3, Nvidia Ge Force 1060 3 GB GPU

Thank you. It seemed no one was paying attention to those details. So far none of the comparisons show the push rod bases having anything similar to the WIP.

That part is quite hard to see in most photos and nothing has quite matched that portion.

Plus, many photos are of restored engines and might not be completely accurate, depends on LNS references.

-Nick

• 5 months later...

Yes :D

It's still running too

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD