HOTAS Controls Not Synching at Startup

CrossWiseRanger

In OPTIONS / MISC I have this setting checked: "Synchronize Cockpit Controls with HOTAS Controls at Mission Start"

Posts over a year old indicate that this does not work accurately. Has this been fixed?

On my Thrustmaster HOTAS have these misalignments

Cold Start: Throttles

In Air Start: EAC Off and RDR ALTM DIS

Both: Flaps MVR and ENG Fuel Flow

Anyone have a solution?

VR with Oculus Rift preferred flying method.

Synchronize controls at startup SHOULD theoretically check your switch positions at go and place things in the correct place in the pit.

There have definitely been some issues with this over the lifespan of DCS (plus it screws up a bunch of other custom controls I have) and as a result I've just gone with leaving it off.

The way the on-off-on switches like the flaps in the Warthog work is that DCS detects the button being pressed (flaps to UP) and sends the flaps up command, then it detects when the switch is turned off (flaps to maneuvering) and sends that key press. Basically the flaps switch reads no input in the maneuvering position, so this one is kind of tricky even with the controls synchronization working. To DCS it looks like nothing is pressed on the joystick.

As Trev says, cycle the controls through the positions and once they've registered the first button press (flaps up, throttles to OFF, etc.) everything should work as intended.

Basically, for a cold start, begin with fuel flow switches down, flaps in maneuvering, and throttles at idle. When you get in the pit, flip the fuel flows and flaps up, put your throttles in idle, and you're good to go for the rest of your flight.

Ditto air starts; since the A/C starts with all systems enabled, flipping EAC & fuel flow on from off at mission start isn't going to hurt anything, and then when you're ready to shut down the off switches should work....

I feel like I'm talking myself in circles but does that kind of make sense? :lol: