Mute "Pull up"

gusanako

In NOE flight I do not need to hear pull up every two seconds.

I decide if I want to ignore it or not

My question is not because I want to do ti, is how to do it.

Page 153, DCS A-10C Flight manual.

Intercom panel can control the volume level of tones associated with LASTE such as pull up, altitude, etc.

Regards

Just try to ser ALT ALRT to value lower than default 500 ft AGL. Betty will start encouraging you to pull up when you go below this new value. But as it was mentioned this info is important and should be heard whenever you descend below desired AGL altitude.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

--

"The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good shit.

A night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities to experience all three at the same time."

One thing which really annoys me, is the landing gear horn. I know there is a silencer, but before I hit it with my mouse, gear is already up. :-D

There is a silencer, for that??? Damn I really should read the goddam manual one day.:music_whistling:

Gus; Renaming A10_VMU_Pullup.ogg file can work for you, maybe. :)

It's in "..\DCS World\Sounds\Speech\Sound\ENG\A-10C\A-10 VMU\Messages\" folder.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

"Not working"? Are you still hearing "pull-up!"?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

I wrote that solution at work without try because you could get rid of a sound file permanently by renaming it.

Now, I'm at home and, renamed "A10_VMU_Pullup.ogg" to "_A10_VMU_Pullup.ogg" and didn't hear "pull-up!" in the sim.

Are you sure you renamed it properly?

• ED Team
I can not mute the "PULL UP" of the Laste. The main rotary of the intercom panel mute everything except this. ¿Is a bug?

Regards:thumbup:

Not a bug.

LASTE voice warnings cannot be turned off except by pulling the intercom circuit breaker.

"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince.

Not a bug.

LASTE voice warnings cannot be turned off except by pulling the intercom circuit breaker.

The manual says,

Page 153

Intercom panel can control the volume level of tones associated with LASTE such as pull up, altitude, etc.

Error of the manual? altitude and the rest of the voice if it can mute with the intercom.

I wrote that solution at work without try because you could get rid of a sound file permanently by renaming it.

Now, I'm at home and, renamed "A10_VMU_Pullup.ogg" to "_A10_VMU_Pullup.ogg" and didn't hear "pull-up!" in the sim.

Are you sure you renamed it properly?

I didn't hear pull-up, but I can not control the volume with the intercom.

Regards

I didn't hear pull-up, but I can not control the volume with the intercom.

Regards

Would not say it is a bug. Maybe the description of the main intercom panel is not really correct. You can see no sub switch which is dedicated to the LASTE. Even the main volume knob only turns down the volume of all shown sub switches.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If anyone does learn the secret of silencing a nagging woman, you could make a fortune!

In my experience, the best policy is to just say yes, you agree absolutely, and then keep your head down.

Could you really have expected to have fun in an A-10C without a woman spoiling it for you? That's what you get when you ask for total realism and authenticity.

:music_whistling::music_whistling::helpsmilie:

If anyone does learn the secret of silencing a nagging woman, you could make a fortune!

In my experience, the best policy is to just say yes, you agree absolutely, and then keep your head down.

Could you really have expected to have fun in an A-10C without a woman spoiling it for you? That's what you get when you ask for total realism and authenticity.

The words of a true veteran. You sound like you have many hours (..or years) in your log Sir.