What would be the best opponent for the MiG-21bis?

Zakatak

What would be the best opponent for the MiG-21bis?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. What would be the best opponent for the MiG-21bis?

• F-4 Phantom II
    • F-5 Tiger II
    • Mirage IIIE
    • IAI Kfir
    • F-104 Starfighter
    • F-16A
    • Mirage F1
    • SAAB 35 Draken
    • F-14A Tomcat
    • Other? (write in)

Did the Mig21bis variant we are getting in DCS ever see combat?

I think the Syrian MiG-21 that landed a hit on an Israeli F-15 with an R-60 missile was a bis. At any rate, the Syrians used the bis variant in the 1982 war. Though F-15 vs MiG-21 is hardly a fair match up.

Edited by lmp

Most realistic opponents of MIG-21, as far as single seat fighters. Are F-8 Crusader, A-4M Skyhawk, and Mirage III (IAF). F-4 is a realistic opponent as real world confrontations did occur, but F-4 is best described as pregnant cow. Its success is due to lack of equivalent replacement, high speed, advanced avionics,and multirole capability. But it is agreed by aerospace historians that F-4 as ACM air-air fighter was outmatched by MIG-21, the threat platform it met the most in combat.

F-8 Crusader. Single seat, similar performance (with the MiG21 being somewhat faster and significantly faster climbing), similar weapons loadout, and historically engaged in combat in Vietnam

Yes this gets my vote..F-8 All the way had more kills of mig in nam then the F4

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

I just have to throw another chip in for the J 35 Draken.

01_Saab-35-Draken.jpg

I think it would be an excellent match for the Mig21. They are both delta-winged high-speed, high-altitude fighters and I would guess the sensor/weapons systems are very similar in capability as well.

I would buy a Draken DCS module in a heartbeat.