1.2.7 Open Beta (Update from DCS World forums)

Slazi

I'm guessing there are quite a few people like myself who never check the regular forums, maybe this is of interest:

EvilBivol-1's post:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=117328&page=48

DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight

• Added Mi-8 Spring Tension campaign EN and RU. Beta
  • Adjusted main rotor droop (underspeed) dynamics in the flight model
  • Implemented tailboom strike modeling
  • Installation of IR suppression devices will now reduce the helicopter’s IR signature and performance characteristics (slightly lower engine power output)
  • Implemented RI-65 voice warning system failure reporting (WIP)
  • RI-65 and autopilot stabilization channels will now be on by default when starting “hot”
  • Implemented ESBR (electrical bomb release control panel) functionality with all associated weapon systems modeling
  • Corrected the number of preset channels for the R-863 radio
  • Circuit breaker “bump plates” are now clickable and animated
  • UV-26 countermeasures dispenser will now indicate selection of port/starboard/both release modes
  • Added visual canopy damage effects in the cockpit
  • Numerous updates and corrections to elements of cockpit geometry, textures, and lighting
  • New custom sounds for numerous cockpit switches/controls, pilot blisters, cabin door, and engine start audio
  • Restored wheel brake volume level in the cockpit
  • Updated Autostart and Autostop scripts
  • Implemented airframe configuration panel in the Mi-8MTV2 Helicopter Group menu of the ME to control setting of engine IR suppression devices, weapon hardpoints, addon armor plates, and engine lifespan condition (WIP)
  • Added numerous new skins
  • Added command to toggle mirrors ([M])*
  • Expanded list of assignable joystick commands*

:thumbup:

Cool stuff :thumbup:. I have two questions though to BelSimTek or whoever is able to answer me ;).

• Implemented ESBR (electrical bomb release control panel) functionality with all associated weapon systems modeling
  • Corrected the number of preset channels for the R-863 radio

1) Arming and dropping bombs has been possible for a while already. What exactly is included in the ESBR functionality then?

2) Does that mean the preset channels for the R-863 will now work? Or did they always work and if so, how to use them?

Pilot hitbox and/or switch on pilot death not fixed? ;_;

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

You have now been properly negotiated with.

MiG-29S Instant Action Mission Fix

Come check out and add to my list of all landmarks in DCS World!

^that works now

I'd like to see the S-24 firing being supported. Mi-8s can and did carry S-24s and a simple mod enables them. The just don't fire... It would be nice to see this made easier for modders.

It'd also be brilliant to make a deal with the Mig-21 team to get the UB-32 and UB-16 3d models in the game early... I'd love to have the UB-16 as an option...

But I'm excited non-the-less... my favourite module so far (along with the Su-25)

2) Does that mean the preset channels for the R-863 will now work? Or did they always work and if so, how to use them?

What function does the R-863 radio have? Communication, ADF, ...? I have been hoping for while that we will get ADF navigation for the Mi-8....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

The R-863 is the VHF/UHF communication radio. It has been functional from the very start of the beta, but AFAIK we can only use the manual frequency dialer now (the one near the autopilot control). IRL the radio also has the ability to store several channels, so you don't have to dial in the tower frequencies manually each time. The knob for selecting the channel is on the overhead panel. I couldn't get it to work so far, that's why I'm asking.

The R-863 is the VHF/UHF communication radio. It has been functional from the very start of the beta, but AFAIK we can only use the manual frequency dialer now (the one near the autopilot control). IRL the radio also has the ability to store several channels, so you don't have to dial in the tower frequencies manually each time. The knob for selecting the channel is on the overhead panel. I couldn't get it to work so far, that's why I'm asking.

Thanks for the info, Imp.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

Is this a good place to post my unhappiness at the dirty windows on the hip:P

I like the heater strips or whatever but it looks like every bug in the caucasus has splatted on my windows:helpsmilie:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]