Three People Die!

No, I have yet to see my pilot slumped over and my copilot have to assume his duties. I don't have the UH-1H, but this can happen in the Huey, right?

Yes, it can happen in the Huey.

One day I found myselfe in the gunners seat doing a righthand, climbing orbit with both pilots disabled, but the gunners still alive.

The bird was climbing for a few minutes when I finally gave up and respawned. It looked like the helicopter would do circles until it ran out of fuel... :joystick:

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

...when you shoot a beer can, do you kill all the beer in it, or just the top half...

...is it that they are a good shot...or do you just make one of the finest targets on the range...

even better question...what are you getting hit with...

...anything 20mm or bigger and you can figure its going to be an exploding shell, probably killing everything in 10ft, which in a helicopter equals everyone...

...anything less then 20mm is probably a regular ball round, bouncing off the walls inside the air frame, killing everyone, magic bullet style...

...anything with a rocket motor or thrust system is probably burning everyone to death with the jet wash...

...anything throw by hand is probably hitting the rotor system creating shrapnel, killing everyone...

...any children holding their fingers up to your silhouette in the distance, saying "I'm squishing you, I'm squishing you, I'm squishing you", probably is creating random faults in your flight systems, making you crash, killing everyone...

No matter how you slice it...Helicopter + Combat = Blackhawk Down...

Edited by Davis0079

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.

Happens with me as well. Even though the shot clearly only killed the pilot, I'll watch helplessly as the unpiloted chopper flails around and crashes. That happens a decent amount as well, seems that windshield is a bullet magnet and I lose the pilot in the Mi-8 more than I do in the Uh-1H. In the Huey it'll switch to the copilot if the pilot's killed. Not so in the Mi-8, and the crew doesn't slump over like in the Huey. Of course with this being beta I can't get annoyed about it, just cross my fingers and hope they get this taken care of in the next update.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

I think the crew are so used to work together, they have become quantum entangled. When one dies, they all die.

But only if you look in the Huey.....otherwise the are both dead and alive at the same time ;)

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

• 2 weeks later...

It has happened to me several times on the quick start convoy attack. It also seems that the Mi-8 is more vulnerable on engines & mechanics from ground fire, than the UH-1, at least in the quick start mission. IMO there's a big difference of how much punishment they can take. But as mentioned before it's still in beta!

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

...when you shoot a beer can, do you kill all the beer in it, or just the top half...

...is it that they are a good shot...or do you just make one of the finest targets on the range...

even better question...what are you getting hit with...

...anything 20mm or bigger and you can figure its going to be an exploding shell, probably killing everything in 10ft, which in a helicopter equals everyone...

...anything less then 20mm is probably a regular ball round, bouncing off the walls inside the air frame, killing everyone, magic bullet style...

...anything with a rocket motor or thrust system is probably burning everyone to death with the jet wash...

...anything throw by hand is probably hitting the rotor system creating shrapnel, killing everyone...

...any children holding their fingers up to your silhouette in the distance, saying "I'm squishing you, I'm squishing you, I'm squishing you", probably is creating random faults in your flight systems, making you crash, killing everyone...

No matter how you slice it...Helicopter + Combat = Blackhawk Down...

lol KITH

Of course, there is also - I'm pinching your cabin! I'm pinching your cabin!