How to tie the mouse cursor to the Oculus Rift s helmet

Odin386

Newbie here again. I'm working through the tutorials that were included with the P51 I purchased and I'm making alot of progress and having a lot of fun in the process. One question though, how do i tie mouse cursor to the Oculus helmet so i can manipulate cockpit controls with it. I want to be able to just look at a switch or knob and turn it by pressing a button on my flight stick. Can someone please help me out here?

Under control options "Ui Layer"

Bind the mouse buttons to HOTAS

This is also where you set your VR recenter button.

Under VR tab, untick the "use Mouse" I believe it is.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Under control options "Ui Layer"

Bind the mouse buttons to HOTAS

This is also where you set your VR recenter button.

Under VR tab, untick the "use Mouse" I believe it is.

Am I ever happy I clicked on this thread. Thanks Dave!

I finally upgraded my PC so I could start using my Quest. I had the Oculus controllers dangling off my wrists and it was driving me nuts and activating things in the cockpit I didn't want. This is better.

Now if I could just get rid of the blur. I can't even read the digital on my HSI. I'm sure it's not my PC as I just spent $3500. Obviously it's something in my settings. Got some reading to do.

(I just jotted this hardware info down so younger smarter people can help me troubleshoot possible flaws)

i7 9700K 3.7Ghz | ROG Strix RTX2080S GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB | WD 1TB-SSD | Corsair RGB 280mm Liquid CPU cooler | Asus TUF Z390-Plus w/DDR4 2666

TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswinds | HP Reverb G2

Now if I could just get rid of the blur. I can't even read the digital on my HSI. I'm sure it's not my PC as I just spent $3500. Obviously it's something in my settings. Got some reading to do.

Its not your PC, its your Oculus Quest. The resolution isnt the greatest in any version of Oculus...its better in the Rift S, but its not a step in the right direction IMO.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Its not your PC, its your Oculus Quest. The resolution isnt the greatest in any version of Oculus...its better in the Rift S, but its not a step in the right direction IMO.

Eek. I should have done my research. I went all knee jerk in January buying components when I joined the DCS community. I got busy with work and was away for Feb and most of March. Bought a good gaming PC while being in isolation and got all pumped about having the power to use this Quest, and it’s very underwhelming.

So what is the best VR headset to use on DCS? I’m going to sell this thing if there is something that’s not so blurry.

(I just jotted this hardware info down so younger smarter people can help me troubleshoot possible flaws)

i7 9700K 3.7Ghz | ROG Strix RTX2080S GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB | WD 1TB-SSD | Corsair RGB 280mm Liquid CPU cooler | Asus TUF Z390-Plus w/DDR4 2666

hp reverb, valve index, pimax all need quite a beast to run with good settings. Always a balance with VR.

Middle ground I believe is the Rift S. 1280 x 1440 pixels per eye

Always ask your questions about pc's or VR under "PC Hardware and Related Software" section of the forum. "Input and Output » Virtual Reality"

I know your keen to get going and all, just take your time to learn a little about the setups and experience others have had to help with direction, many here to help you.

Your quest has better rez on paper than the Rift S. BUT "Uses video compression and decompression to pass image data over smaller bandwidth USB3.1" I guess that could be the problem.

Try turning up the PD (pixel density) setting under the VR tab, see if this can help for now. I run PD 1.6 with the old CV1. You may need to turn things down the higher you go. view distance high etc.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

hp reverb, valve index, pimax all need quite a beast to run with good settings. Always a balance with VR.

Middle ground I believe is the Rift S. 1280 x 1440 pixels per eye

Always ask your questions about pc's or VR under "PC Hardware and Related Software" section of the forum. "Input and Output » Virtual Reality"

I know your keen to get going and all, just take your time to learn a little about the setups and experience others have had to help with direction, many here to help you.

Your quest has better rez on paper than the Rift S. BUT "Uses video compression and decompression to pass image data over smaller bandwidth USB3.1" I guess that could be the problem.

Try turning up the PD (pixel density) setting under the VR tab, see if this can help for now. I run PD 1.6 with the old CV1. You may need to turn things down the higher you go. view distance high etc.

Thanks for the tips David. I will take your advice and search the proper forums as well. I might get lost in the weeds, but I will prevail.

I might have found someone to buy my “like new“ Quest. And another person that has a brand new Rift S that’s arriving April 6, that he’s not opening. He wants to sell it (still packaged) and put the money towards a Valve index.

Cheers.