Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

rrohde

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VKB sticks have had that option to rotate the grip for years... so yeah. (others copying VKB is the highest form of flattery)

1655106962_Screenshotfrom2017-12-1914-18-43.png.f9c7ff96b20c2db80db96c781ef4cdbd.png

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Seriously VKB, you guys need to hire a manuals guy to do nothing but put together all relevant information for all your products into PDFs and 2 or 3 page guides in the box. VKBDevCfg in particular is pretty overwhelming to work with and while there are SOME tool-tips, they rarely give a good explanation of what things really do.

Agreed! In this day and age, I think videos are great too. Your YouTube channel could be much more helpful. :)

Edited by aaron886

Agreed. Documentation for a product is vital and should not be seen as something to be taken care of long after most of the sales have occured.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

VKB HQ released (21-Dec-2017) the very latest VKBdevCfg device application software with MCG/MCG PRO support included.

Get it from their FTP site here.

Edited by rrohde
FIXED URL

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

thanks!

Do you happen to know what the single push button costs as an accessory?

And is it an easy conversion?

I haven't gotten any info on that yet. Once VKB HQ provides me with a photo, description, and price, I will add that to the webshop asap.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Oh, and as a side note, Bitcoin is now accepted as payment option via Stripe at VKBcontrollers.com.

Edited by rrohde

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Don't know how, Rainer, but that link turns into a URI encoding mess in my browser. Is there a CAD drawing of the MCG available for pit builders? Pretty sure it's going to require a modification to my mount to fit it under my desk... it's a monster!

Fixed the URL above - sorry about that. :)

I will have to ask VKB HQ for some drawings. They should have them (or soon will have them). I will let you know.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

VKB HQ released (21-Dec-2017) the the new WIZZO for Gunfighter + MCG/MCG PRO .

Get it from their FTP site here.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

That's a new feature of the Gunfighter Mk.II - you can now access the dry clutches from the top, by simply removing the dust cover. That one screw hole was spared to make room for the dry clutch adjustment access.

(the images on the VKBcontrollers.com website are outdated; waiting for new ones when VKB HQ gets around taking them)

Quick Edit: From VKB HQ: "we used our standart plastic ring (same used for GF Mk.I and Gladiators). We used a rubber cup for close up the hole"

Edited by rrohde

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

That's a new feature of the Gunfighter Mk.II - you can now access the dry clutches from the top, by simply removing the dust cover. That one screw hole was spared to make room for the dry clutch adjustment access.

(the images on the VKBcontrollers.com website are outdated; waiting for new ones when VKB HQ gets around taking them)

Quick Edit: From VKB HQ: "we used our standart plastic ring (same used for GF Mk.I and Gladiators). We used a rubber cup for close up the hole"

Interesting and a much needed modification in my view.

I gather that the second adjustment access is somewhere between two other screws.

Right. So even though you still have to a) detach the stick and b) remove the dust cover, a neat little trick might be to put the grip back on, leave the dust cover off, and adjust the dry clutch as desired, test it out, re-adjust as needed, and once happy, take the grip back off, put the dustcover back on, attach the grip, and enjoy.

DISCLAIMER *DON'T OVERTIGHTEN THE DRY CLUTCH - ONLY USE SMALL ADJUSTMENTS!* :thumbup:

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

How to Calibrate your Gunfighter w/ MCG/MCG PRO correctly:

1) Don't use the native Windows calibration ulitity!

2) Use WIZZO GF Edition (http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Programms/wizzo_gf_0_98.zip) or VKBDevCfg w/ MCG supprt (http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Programms/VKBDevCfg-C_v0_83_8_5.zip) for calibration.

Note: Before continuing, ensure that the foldable trigger is in the center position (MCG PRO only)

3) Pull the foldable trigger to forward position (MCG PRO only).

4) Press trigger and return to a center position (MCG PRO only).

6) Click ‘Start’ (calibration button) in WIZZO - or - click the ‘Start Calibr’ button in VKBdevCfg; the SYS LED on the Blackbox starts blinking (WIZZO displays CALIBRATING label).

7) Move the stick through its full range (pitch and roll axes).

8 ) Move MASTER MODE (РЕЖИМ КБО) ministick on the MCG’s head through its full range.

9) Move GATE CONT (УПРАВ СТРОБ) ministick on the MCG’s head through its full range.

10) Squeeze the BRAKE lever fully.

11) Move the foldable trigger forward and backward (full range) (MCG PRO only)

12) If VKB T-Rudders are connected to the Gunfighter's BlackBox - move the T-Rudder axis through its full range as well.

13) Click the 'STOP' button (WIZZO) - or - click the 'End Calibr' button (VKBdevCfg); the joystick will restart. WIZZO closes automatically (VKBdevCfg may be closed manually if desired).

14) Done.

Calibration information is stored within the Gunfighter's BlackBox.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

This information needs to be part of clear documentation in a well-organized and easy to find documentation/instruction section on your website. Nobody should have to hunt through pages of unorganized forum stickies, either: I should be able to click "Documentation" in the menu, then select my device, and select a category of subject matter. Too many posts buried in a 100 page thread! I'm generally very forgiving when it comes to documentation, but this needs to be better for a $160 grip or a $300 base!

Edited by aaron886

This information needs to be part of clear documentation in a well-organized and easy to find documentation/instruction section on your website. Nobody should have to hunt through pages of unorganized forum stickies, either: I should be able to click "Documentation" in the menu, then select my device, and select a category of subject matter. Too many posts buried in a 100 page thread! I'm generally very forgiving when it comes to documentation, but this needs to be better for a $160 grip or a $300 base!

vkb forum have dedicated section Manuals and Howtos

How to Calibrate your Gunfighter w/ MCG/MCG PRO correctly

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2853

This is just posted here as-is. There's a dedicated howto section over at the official VKB HQ forum as well.

My post above is not an official VKB HQ document, merely a heads-up. Nobody expects a forum post buried in 100 pages to be more than that. :)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Wizzo

VKB give a choice of 2 programmes to calibrate, what is the advantage of one over the other please.

Win 10,MB GA-X79S-UP5 cpu i7-3820 water cooled,GPU 1080ti ,psu corsair HX1200i,,ram Dominator 32GB trackir 5,VKB Gunfighter stick , throttle ,saitek x65f & CH pedals