Multi-crew for one huey implemented or not? - Page 30 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-03-2018, 05:00 AM   #291
hannibal

i just want the doorgunner to work properly in VR as a multiseat slot in multiplayer much like the L39.

i hope and i wish!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179
hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:59 AM   #292
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by schroedi View Post
That's not correct, Belsimtek changed it after some time.
The original text was:
"Multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update."

Look under Key features:
https://web.archive.org/web/20160117...icopters/huey/
Interesting... Sooooo, BST how about that coop ride in the instructor seat, in-between solving the sync and switch issues?

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC and an AHCP | Oculus Rift & controller
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 01:19 PM   #293
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
That's not correct, Belsimtek changed it after some time.
The original text was:
"Multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update."

Look under Key features:
https://web.archive.org/web/20160117...icopters/huey/
Original text? That text is still there: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...icopters/huey/

Quote:
  • Multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update.

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 04:41 PM   #294
schroedi

Oh, you are right. Even better, so they never abandoned the plan to make it multiplayer multicrew capable.
i5 2500 @ 3.4 Ghz, Gigabyte GA-H61M-S, 16GB, GTX 780 3GB, 256GB SSD, 128GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Win7 Pro
schroedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:40 AM   #295
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
Oh, you are right. Even better, so they never abandoned the plan to make it multiplayer multicrew capable.
Yes, they did not abandon that plan as they stated here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by belsimtek View Post
Hi guys! Multicrew was one of the topics we wanted to roll out as news article, but since you are active here recently, we will address it here.

First of all we want to say that we don't want to run from what we said. Multicrew will be done and its progressing. Yes it taking its time and we can only be grateful for your patience!

Things with helicopter multicrew are not exactly same as in, for instance, L-39. It is because L-39 have two separate cockpits, therefore two clients have each their own accessible controls to fiddle with. But its changing when you have two guys at the same cockpit and both of them have access to whole cockpit, things are getting tricky that way and we tried to dance around those issues we faced. And as solution so far we see separation of available commands for pilot and co-pilot with which we are working right now.

As of now we have implementation for multicrew and we are testing it and resolving surfaced issues. Testing process taking its toll, it should go through different testers ours and ED..

At this point we think its a matter of months until multicrew patch for Huey will go live, if no critical showstopper issues will appear.

Besides that, there is more changes for UH-1H, that are coming even sooner... You will hear about them soon..

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:58 PM   #296
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
No, of course not. I just remember, that during the Early Access there was a discussion, if and when they will do it. The feedback then was, the feature is in development by ED and they need that to be integrated first.
That was before the L-39C introduced dual cockpit.
The culprit seems to be, that what works for a plane with two separate cockpits and two separate sets of buttons, controls etc., does not transfer easily to a shared cockpit where the controls of two pilots need to be tied into one(!) set of buttons, controls etc. in the sim.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC and an AHCP | Oculus Rift & controller
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 04:21 PM   #297
Vlerkies

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagrat View Post
The culprit seems to be, that what works for a plane with two separate cockpits and two separate sets of buttons, controls etc., does not transfer easily to a shared cockpit where the controls of two pilots need to be tied into one(!) set of buttons, controls etc. in the sim.
I can only imagine it being very complex trying to integrate all the 3rd party modules 'over time' into newer dcs platforms.

I do wonder though if the 'urgency' is diminished as time goes by. You get early release, lots of hype, beta, lots of hype, but no clarity on 'up to speed' with the platform being dcs version.

Im a huge DCS fan and support and own almost all modules except 2 or 3, but sometimes I do think think the battle to deliver new modules outweighs the quality.

Has the huey searchlight been sorted yet?

I think there needs to be a rethink by ED/DCS on the Beta/early releases to be honest.
Having an open ended beta forever is not on.

Love the Huey, love the improvements over time but even generically speaking what sort of timelines are given to developers to get to a specific std?

Anyway, no hate here, like I said I love the platform and modules, just asking in general.