Mosquito plans found - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-13-2018, 05:10 AM   #1
Stonehouse

Reputation power: 12
Stonehouse is a jewel in the roughStonehouse is a jewel in the roughStonehouse is a jewel in the roughStonehouse is a jewel in the roughStonehouse is a jewel in the roughStonehouse is a jewel in the rough
Default Mosquito plans found

Possibly not new news? I came across this article from 2nd half of last year recently while doing some information searches. Apparently a forgotten cache of 22000+ engineering plans and drawings on aperture cards for the Mossie was found Sept 2017. Anyway the aircraft manufacturer (think it was Airbus) donated them to a charity which is restoring a Mosquito to flying condition. All the cards have been digitised already according to posts at http://www.peoplesmosquito.org.uk

http://warbirdsnews.com/warbirds-new...iscovered.html

Be nice to think of ED or a third party doing a full study sim of the Mosquito one day. Perhaps the stuff above would help.
Stonehouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:52 PM   #2
the_soupdragon

Reputation power: 11
the_soupdragon is on a distinguished road

How about this. DCS uses those plans and documents to create a mossie for DCS then they donate a percentage of each sale of "DCS Mosquito" to the charity building the real mossie.
Sounds like a win win win to me

SD
Old 02-13-2018, 01:35 PM   #3
Rangi

Reputation power: 17
Rangi is a glorious beacon of lightRangi is a glorious beacon of lightRangi is a glorious beacon of lightRangi is a glorious beacon of lightRangi is a glorious beacon of lightRangi is a glorious beacon of lightRangi is a glorious beacon of lightRangi is a glorious beacon of lightRangi is a glorious beacon of lightRangi is a glorious beacon of lightRangi is a glorious beacon of light

I think VEAO was our only hope of a dcs mossie in the not too distant future, now all hope is lost. I do agree these plans will be useful for the 3d part of a dcs module, however that is the easy bit of making a full fidelity module. Great idea to link donations to sales, but I can't see anyone stepping up to do this module for at least 5 years or so.
Rangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:18 PM   #4
Burning Bridges

Reputation power: 0
Burning Bridges has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Flying a Mosquito in DCS would be fantastic!
Burning Bridges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:58 AM   #5
gordon200

Reputation power: 0
gordon200 is on a distinguished road

I happen to be friends with Mr Ross Sharp, Director of Engineering & Airframe Compliance
The People's Mosquito. He's former Curator for the RAF Museum and a wealth of knowledge. Recently retired due to health issues and living in the US.
He sent me a pdf of the current Mossie Bites, The Quarterly Journal of the Mosquito Club.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Mossie Bites Issue 2 Jan17 Final.pdf (2.11 MB, 31 views)
Old 02-23-2018, 03:00 AM   #6
Stonehouse

Reputation power: 12
Stonehouse is a jewel in the roughStonehouse is a jewel in the roughStonehouse is a jewel in the roughStonehouse is a jewel in the roughStonehouse is a jewel in the roughStonehouse is a jewel in the rough

Really interesting reading, particularly the Malayan Emergency article. Thanks.
Stonehouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:55 AM   #7
Weta43
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 82
Weta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to behold

Nice for DCS cause it only has one 'pilot' and a navigator