Switching Over from Win 7 to 10 In need some advice

So my I'm in the process of moving stuff from 7 to 10

Both systems are on separate SSD's on the same computer and DCS is on another separate SSD.

I'd be running DCS from exactly the same place but I wondered what I need to do swap over from 7 to 10 as trying to access DCS from 10 has been fruitless so far.

Do I need to deactivate all the modules in 7 and do a complete re-install to move to 10 or is there and easier way, given I'll still be accessing DCS from the same SSD I'm using currently using for 7 when I switch to 10?

Surely somebody has done something similar?

Well, if you still can, boot your 7 and indeed do deactivate ALL your modules, aircraft, terrain and maybe others like CA or GPS as well, check all those tabs !

If you want, you can copy your C:\users\your_user_name\saved games\dcs world folder to your new rig. I personally would only copy the input folder from there in and leave the rest behind.

Since you have no registry keys and startup buttons, you either need to li nk them to your desktop...or...as I would do, get a hold of SkateZilla's DCS Updater Tool and start, repair, update, clean, VR on/off etc etc. from within that tool.

here's the link: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I may be wrong, but I believe that if you run the same DCS from two different Windows versions: sometimes run from Win7 and othertimes from Win 10; this will make the Starforce protection to fail and request re-activation each time you switch OS

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I may be wrong, but I believe that if you run the same DCS from two different Windows versions: sometimes run from Win7 and othertimes from Win 10; this will make the Starforce protection to fail and request re-activation each time you switch OS

That was what I was afraid of Rudel

My plan is just to deactivate the modules and do a complete fresh install to Win 10 then always run from there when it's done.

Before I do that I need to get all my other software across DCS will probably be one of the last things I install before permanently using Win 10

Changing OS's is a complete pain

Never had this issue, I run both windows 7 and windows 10 on 2 seperate SSD's, with DCS installed on a seperate games drive

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Never had this issue, I run both windows 7 and windows 10 on 2 seperate SSD's, with DCS installed on a seperate games drive

Well that could be a game changer for me

I'll give it a try HC_Official and report back what happens. Your setup is identical to mine