The Dynamic Campaign... WHEN?!?!?

The Jack

For the past few days I have been comtemplating the news about a Dynamic Campaign Generator... This was touched upon in the last email I recieved a few days ago.

When I saw this, I'll be honest... I DROOLED!

SO....

I would like to see this release to be expedited!!! If this was brought to the top of development pile and released sooner rather than later (I get that it may be a massive project), it would transform the experience of DCS by a huge margin and make it truly EPIC!

For me this is the most important thing missing from DCS. I still use Falcom BMS and even tho F4 is 21 years old.... Because of the DCG and BMS, it still makes it a relevant and great sim and gives it an edge over DCS but with a DCG as good as F4's, will knock F4 off its perch and firmly install DCS in its place at the top.

I love DCS.... but with e Dynamic Campaign Generator.... I would be helplessly, hopelessly and totally infatuatedly in love with DCS!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

actually as per ED news letter it is not exactly a dynamic campaign but just a first step towards a fully workable dynamic campaign.

Just my 2 cents.

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

I wouldn't expect the dynamic Campaign before 2020, maybe not even before 2021.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

This would be the single thing that elevates DCS....

WE have all these aircraft coming out, which is both great and annoying!! (annoying coz they aint got all the bells & whistles yet!!! :lol::lol:)

I just think this would be a better priority than aircraft.

This has been talked about for a decade. (No I am not exaggerating)

Assuming ED continue to view this as something they want to do, I would not expect it earlier than 5 years from now...

And for the record I agree that this is the most needed aspect missing from DCS and it would make my year if they completed this earlier, but I just don't see it happening anytime soon.

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

• ED Team
This has been talked about for a decade. (No I am not exaggerating)

Assuming ED continue to view this as something they want to do, I would not expect it earlier than 5 years from now...

And for the record I agree that this is the most needed aspect missing from DCS and it would make my year if they completed this earlier, but I just don't see it happening anytime soon.

For a long time we've said that a DC was more a matter of when rather than if. It is only until last year that we found a talented engineer to create "war simulation" in which the DC operates. It was only last year that we announced that it is now in development.

This is a very high-priority item for us with good progress. However, this is a highly complex undertaking and it will take time, but certainly not "5 years".

Once we have interesting and significant news to pass along on this task, we certainly will.

Thanks

• Like 1

For a long time we've said that a DC was more a matter of when rather than if. It is only until last year that we found a talented engineer to create "war simulation" in which the DC operates. It was only last year that we announced that it is now in development.

This is a very high-priority item for us with good progress. However, this is a highly complex undertaking and it will take time, but certainly not "5 years".

Once we have interesting and significant news to pass along on this task, we certainly will.

Thanks

I stand corrected.. Thank you for that clarification WAGS, it is greatly appreciated.

I am glad to hear that I am incorrect with my forecast!

I was not fully aware of how highly ED was viewing this particular feature

You have made my day!

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

A dynamic campaign engine will be an absolute game changer for DCS. Not this it isn't already the best combat sim around, it would be come virtually untouchable.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Thanks

Thanks for the info Wags.... I can't wait for this. It will make DCS a complete experience!! I'm so excited.... I just can't hide it.... I better stop before I go in to crap song territory!

This is for me the most important item missing in DCS. I would pay for it as a module if you decide that is what it takes it to allocate the needed resources for a succesful development.

Ditto, this is what will take DCS to the next level for me. I couldn't care less about more modules at this point :thumbup:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Give them a few years to bake it well.

While it's exciting to hear that the DC is indeed at such a high priority as I thought it would be, I'd kind of hope them to complete the tactical (Combined Arms) environment before they delve deep into the operational.

As Wags implies, the decision is often somewhat out of the hands of ED many times - more about securing contracts, finding talent, etc.

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

This is for me the most important item missing in DCS. I would pay for it as a module if you decide that is what it takes it to allocate the needed resources for a succesful development.

No... not a paid for module... this should be critical part of the base program.

No... not a paid for module... this should be critical part of the base program.

I would not want to infere with ED business decissions, is totally up to them. Having said that, I do care for his business profitability as I want them to stay strong forever. I cant imagine loosing them as a company given there is no more competition on this niche market.

On top of that, I do expect a very well structure, flexible and robust DC that works both in SP and MP, and that takes time and resources, hard to do with just a single engineer. If Maps, scripted campaigns and modules are monetized cant see a single reason to have this for free. The ROI you will have in fun and hours of gameplay is hardly comparable with any module until now (You pay 60 dollars and now and all of sudden you have infinite hours of gameplay for all your modules).

Again, I will celebrate any decission they make, they have proven many times to have a clear roadmap.

I would not want to infere with ED business decissions, is totally up to them. Having said that, I do care for his business profitability as I want them to stay strong forever. I cant imagine loosing them as a company given there is no more competition on this niche market.

On top of that, I do expect a very well structure, flexible and robust DC that works both in SP and MP, and that takes time and resources, hard to do with just a single engineer. If Maps, scripted campaigns and modules are monetized cant see a single reason to have this for free. The ROI you will have in fun and hours of gameplay is hardly comparable with any module until now (You pay 60 dollars and now and all of sudden you have infinite hours of gameplay for all your modules).

Again, I will celebrate any decission they make, they have proven many times to have a clear roadmap.

Agreed. Everyone wants stuff for free, but forgets what a niche market this is. I will gladly pay for it if it ensures ED's future and my future DCS happiness.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

I just hope the DC is not just for SP but for MP as well.

This... very much this. I haven't heard multiplayer mentioned once and honestly with ED's record, I doubt this dynamic campaign will be multiplayer.

I just hope the DC is not just for SP but for MP as well.

I would hope so. It would be a mistake to not make it MP as that is where most players will thrive to go. Everyone wants to play with their buddies.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

that is where most players will thrive to go. Everyone wants to play with their buddies.

MP guys love to repeat this for some reason. But the polls that’ve been run show the vast majority of DCS customers spend their time in SP.

A dynamic campaign for everybody would of course be ideal.

ASUS Maximus Hero IX with i7 7700K OC’d to 4.8Ghz. EVGA 1080 ti. RAM 32GB DDR4. Old Samsung 1080p TV, hopefully VR soon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The amount of effort required currently to get an enjoyable mp experience, is tbh too much for most. Nevermind people running servers and having to create content to go on these servers.

You take that away and deliver on dedicated servers, a stable base and drop in drop out mp campaign and you watch mp explode. Not only for the campaign itself, but for them to create a mp campaign, alot of functions will be have to built into the game.

So much of this stuff content creators have been crying out for for so long, aswell as paying more attention to the stability and consistency of mp.

To do anything complex is so difficult currently, give people the methods to do this stuff without having to create their own frameworks, to do even simple tasks expected of airborne combat and the content will come quickly.

Edited by Shadow.D.