F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

Alright, over Christmas Break I have been forced watching Grey's Anatomy from season 1 with House 6. WTF I don't even care about this and that. just give me something else to fly so I have a reason why Christina chooses Minn over staying in SEA. OBTW Mark dies

Do you know how happy I was when I found out that BMS runs great on my laptop?

(Before anyone says anything, DCS does not.)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know how happy I was when I found out that BMS runs great on my laptop?

(Before anyone says anything, DCS does not.)

This post will be deleted...betcha. but yes bms runs better as its less demanding as an older sim.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

That bites :( Are you gone long? If so, any way you could have a trusted friend sign into your DCS account, download the game and module, copy it to a portable HDD and mail it to you? Can anyone advise if that would work?

Nah, I am not gone too long (just until after the end of the release window) and I can only take my rather slow laptop anyway...

Did someone say "Jehova"? rdlaugh.png
Naaa, he just mentioned a simple fact, but because it can run smoothly on a 2015 plus system, it still looks like 1998 engine it is... I would dare say, EDs "Su-27 Flanker 2.0" from 1999 runs similarly smooth on the same system?!

Apples and oranges, like always...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Yet another coming soon clip. This ones from MagsTV. These are really getting old. Just release the entire vid when you're done.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Is the F-14 going to be released for early access on Steam at the same time it is on the Standalone version? I have heard conflicting reports that standalone will come first, then steam at a later date. I really hope this isn't the case.

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

Is the F-14 going to be released for early access on Steam at the same time it is on the Standalone version? I have heard conflicting reports that standalone will come first, then steam at a later date. I really hope this isn't the case.

Not sure with F-14, but that is usually the case. Steam is usually a bit later.

This post will be deleted...betcha. but yes bms runs better as its less demanding as an older sim.

The post was saying more about my laptop (and current non-desktop activities) than about DCS. If I could play DCS on my laptop while sitting through the latest Hallmark Christmas move, I would.

You're a much better person than me. I would have "forced" the refund and barred anyone threatening lawsuit from buying a license. Who needs that kind of "stress"

In quotes because we ALL KNOW the guy is not going to take legal action. Given than he willingly PAID for a pre-release.

Geesh. More and more, people act so damn entitled.

You dont think that getting preorder like 5 months ago and dont getting anything in the meanwhile is making customers entitled enough to make complaint?

Interesting attitude.

P.S.

Yes i did actually started legal action, and im waiting due to holidays here.

P.S.S. Heatblur - get a grip you cant turn back time, I dont want your excuses or refund, i want F-14 A/B which i gave you money for based on your certain statements that it will be ready by now.

We are in 2019, not in 2017 any more, especially now that you started releasing it to random ppl around the globe, but not to the people which actually had payed for it. How low can you get?

Edited by BigBadVuk

What I want to know is who the hell is still on holiday on the 9th January?

Bastards.

Lucky, lucky bastards.

:megalol::thumbup:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

You dont think that getting preorder like 5 months ago and dont getting anything in the meanwhile is making customers entitled enough to make complaint?

Interesting attitude.

P.S.

P.S.S. Heatblur - get a grip you cant turn back time, I dont want your excuses or refund, i want F-14 A/B which i gave you money for based on your certain statements that it will be ready by now.

We are in 2019, not in 2017 any more, especially now that you started releasing it to random ppl around the globe, but not to the people which actually had payed for it. How low can you get?

Preorders started October 7th, It's January 9th so it's been 3 months. At the time preorders were opened a definite release date was set as end of Winter as a promise, and an internally hoped for end of 2018 release. They were clear however the internal date of 2018 was a hoped for date and the legally binding date, the guarantee provided for the preorder was end of winter.

At no point was this obfuscated from you, and a definite release window was defined. Heatblur has further made it explicit as to the last day the release window will be, which is exactly concordant with their previous statement of end of winter.

Heatblur has during this time period been active on social media to keep consumers abreast of the situation and recently has released preview copies to specific social media influencers, which is no different from a games journalist receiving a preview copy, these are not "random people". As of now we have videos from Ralfidude (43,292 subscribers as per Social Blade), MagzTV (74,322 subscribers as per Social Blade) and Jabbers (10,922 subscribers as per Social Blade). All three channels are known for their DCS content and are well known in the DCS and wider community.

Heatblur has made many claims of when they wanted to put out the module, and while that can be frustrating, until Heatblur takes your money in exchange for a product, none of those previous dates are any sort of legally binding ones.

I'll be fascinated to see what sort of "Legal action" you intend to take because as far as I can see, you haven't got a leg to stand on.

Edited by Tirak

What I want to know is who the hell is still on holiday on the 9th January?

Bastards.

Lucky, lucky bastards.

Russia has still holidays as their christmas holidays are later than in the west. That's why ED is still on a break.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I think many want the F14 and it will come out when it comes out.

The only thing I would ask Heatblur is to stop using the term "soon"; because it is too vague and has many various time meanings for many different people. For me is means within two weeks, but for others it may mean 1 week or 1 month etc. We know you're getting close and that's cool.

What would be nice to see are some tutorial videos if you're at that stage; such as, start up etc.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Interesting attitude.

You think October was five months ago? That says so much...

P.S.

Please get in touch with me directly at nicholas.dackard@gmail.com for a refund if you'd like.

I made you the same offer during the couple of weeks DCS was crashing post-mission with the Viggen. :)

For ultimate clarity, once again:

DCS: F-14 will launch on a day before March 21st, 2019.

Sure, more than three months before the end of the release window you get upset, you're*offered* and that's not enough. I really don't want to give the impression I believe you've started legal action, but even if you did you know what the remedy would be? A refund. Just like the refund you've already been offered.

This is the same thing that is being brought up by one of those who brought this up before. This isn't an attempt at making a genuine contribution to a debate, this is repeatedly posting the same comments about the same things.

Forum rule 1.5:

Any and all Off Topic posts will be deleted without notice. Posts should be on topic based on the thread title, and threads should on topic based on the Forum section they are posted in. Posts that are attempts to hijack, troll, or ask questions that have been answered already will also be considered OT and removed. Repeat offenders may receive warnings.

Forum rule 1.10

Product feedback and constructive criticism is encouraged when provided in a mature and courteous manner. However, feedback that is abusive, insulting or condescending is not welcome. Additionally, to bring up a particular issue repeatedly after it has already been acknowledged will be considered "trolling" - in such cases a warning will be issued to the author and the post will be removed.

Edited by Horns
Added 1.10

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

You're a much better person than me. I would have "forced" the refund and barred anyone threatening lawsuit from buying a license. Who needs that kind of "stress"

In quotes because we ALL KNOW the guy is not going to take legal action. Given than he willingly PAID for a pre-release.

Geesh. More and more, people act so damn entitled.

If common sense and disclaimers do not seem to work, refunding and then blacklisting undesirable/troublesome "customers" early on seems to prevent a lot of headache later... so I am with you here.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Interesting attitude.

P.S.

I laughed , then I was sad, then laughed again. All this reading the salad of words that you wrote there.

You must be a deranged fellow. You don't want a refund yet you claim to have started a legal action. Lol. On what basis? Where did you sign a contract that you get the product in a certain date? And what is your request if not a refund? Force them to release the F14 now?

You are a... Ah I don't even know what to say... Get well soon. That's all what I wish you.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

March 20 is my Birthday, so that date for release is fine by me...

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs

Flight Controls:Virpil VPC MoogoosT-50 / MFG Crosswinds / GVL Throttle / Oculus Rift CV1