Joystick changes it's ID

AJaromir

Hi!

I use 2 grips. T-50 and Warthog. Every time I change the grip from T-50 to Warthog and profile, the Stick ID is changed so.

This woul'd not be the problem, but when I change grip back to T-50 and load T-50 profile, the ID is not same like it was before the first change.

So every time I change grip, I have to find what is new joystick ID and rename the *.diff.lua file in %userprofile%\saved games\DCS.openbeta\config\input\desired aircraft\joystick\

And I am not sure if the ID changes with the calibration too.

Edit: I will take a video to better understand what's going on.

P.S. Thank you for any help. Because this problem is really annoying :(

Edited by AJaromir

• 3 weeks later...
:thumbup:

ResetWindowsCalibration=0

Thank you very much - this detail nearly endangered the beautiful friendship between Virpil-products and DCS.

Could you please tell us a good reason to reset the windows calibration?

After a windows-calibration-reset Il2-BoX offers to replace an old usb-device(s) with new usb-device(s). But afaik DCS does not offer such a comfort. After a windows-calibration-reset in DCS I had to re-program the axis and keys. :joystick: :doh:

"Those who admire me for my 275 kills know nothing about war" Günther Rall

what is the difference between reset windows calibration1 and 0?

And should we use 0?

I just know this by experiment, not by a deeper insight:

Afaik the difference using "=1" is your device is seen as a new device in DCS. Not that nice if you did some configurations (who doesn't?) and forgot to save it (a lot do ...)

"=0" changes the devices settings, but for your system it remains the old, well known usb-device.

Why and when it might be useful to use "1" or "0" I'd gladly hear, too.:helpsmilie:

"Those who admire me for my 275 kills know nothing about war" Günther Rall

• 2 months later...
ResetWindowsCalibration=0

Was annoyed as feck I had to rename all my key binding files in DCS every time I recalibrated. Just got my VPC WarBRD and trying different mounting positions, cams and springs, so it has happen alot! xD

So just wanted to give my thanks to you, Baur <3

• 2 weeks later...