Digital MFD Cards

Hey there,

I wonder if it would be possible to make a script, wich allows you to show mappings of TM MFDs on second monitor. Like "digital MFD Cards" (The most simple one would probably be a window showing a png or jpg). I´m no native english speaker and it is difficult for me to explain :music_whistling: Can anybody unterstand what I´m talking about? Are there any talented Coders out there how can do that :smartass:?

Thanks

Hmmm, I wonder, is it just a static image? Even with VR, I'd love to be able to see the MFDs. I peek through the bridge of my nose. I'll have to give it a shot if USB Lilliput drivers play nice with Rift. They haven't for three years so I"m not holding out hope. LOL. Although if it works, I could go with a VGA/HDMI small monitors. Hmm, another thing to check out. Thank you HomeFries.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

It is just a static image, though you can tweak the XML config to position the individual MFDs across your monitors. They don't need to be part of the monitors covered by DCS (in fact, they should be separate).

And thank mmcintosh; he's the author. FWIW, we're trying to get it so we can launch the appropriate overlays from within my TARGET profile.

Edited by Home Fries

Are you trying to make the static images be context aware? So if you drill down, the static image would change? Or just aircraft aware at the main MFD "page"

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Good news: I have integrated MFDisplay into my CTS script, so that MFDisplay launches when the profile is first run. This may not seem like much right now (and it isn't), but it enables the future possibility of launching MFDisplay with the correct module every time you change profiles.

This will be available in the next version.

Are you trying to make the static images be context aware? So if you drill down, the static image would change? Or just aircraft aware at the main MFD "page"

Right now, the plan is that once command line prompts are added that can call a specific module, I can assign MFDisplay to launch with the proper module when a profile is selected.

In the meantime, the script just launches MFDisplay at startup, but you have to select the module manually.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! and thanks to Home Fries for adding the option to CTS. I am working on other enhancements as well.

Asus ROG HERO / i9-13900K / 6GHZ /32GB DDR5 6400/ Asus RTX 3090 Ti OC / Samsung SSDs - 2*990 Pro 2TB / PiMax 8KX HMD / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + 4 MFDs + Logitech Rudders on Next Level Racing Rig with Buttkicker Gamer Plus