Aircraft carrier ready room - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-15-2019, 01:42 AM   #21
spikes525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayos View Post
It's not available yet. Won't be for a while probably.

ooo that's sad, why they show us feature we couldn't have
spikes525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 03:01 AM   #22
CheckGear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pharoah View Post
this sounds really great. I pretty much ONLY fly carrier ops with the hornet now. I love that feeling of spawning in the cockpit on the deck with the ships on station and the beautiful water flying by.

Having said that, if they are going to release a paid module (CV) with briefing station, etc I wish they could include:
1. the ability to WALK from the briefing room to the Hornet
2. actual crewmen on the carrier deck (red/green/blue/yellow/etc shirts) that guide you, rearm/refuel you, etc
3. more carrier aircraft eg. Seahawk (seeing the gazelle on the nearby destroyer or whatever is kinda offputting), E2 Hawkeye, C2 greyhound, etc

Also, giving a player the ability to steer the carrier sounds great in theory however with the amount of idiots online, I can quickly see this turning to poo.

They already said there's going to be a live flight deck crew. I also wonder if it's possible to interact directly with crewmembers (slap them in the head for missing something during pre-flight prep).

I agree, steering the ship is overkill.
CheckGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 03:47 AM   #23
AG-51_Razor

Having the ability to "steer" the ship as well as change the speed will be freaking HUGE!! There will have to be a way for hosts to keep strangers off of the bridge!
Old 01-15-2019, 02:43 PM   #24
pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikes525 View Post
ooo that's sad, why they show us feature we couldn't have
They're showing us features that are coming which is what the latest newsletter was all about. Grant it, I wish there was more info about it but we'll have to wait. Carrier ops is my number one feature i'm looking forward to.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:59 PM   #25
Ratcatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG-51_Razor View Post
There will have to be a way for hosts to keep strangers off of the bridge!
Maybe have a couple of armed Marines at the entrance? DCS meets ARMA3???

@Spike525
Also they said once the Carrier is complete they will move on to the other projects, which sounds like this is what they are working on at the moment and "should" be the first of the ongoing projects completed in 2019.

Fingers crossed!
Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift CV1 : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : DSD FLT1 : Win 10 64.

Last edited by Ratcatcher; 01-15-2019 at 03:04 PM.
Ratcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 03:12 PM   #26
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pharoah View Post
this sounds really great. I pretty much ONLY fly carrier ops with the hornet now. I love that feeling of spawning in the cockpit on the deck with the ships on station and the beautiful water flying by.

Having said that, if they are going to release a paid module (CV) with briefing station, etc I wish they could include:
1. the ability to WALK from the briefing room to the Hornet
2. actual crewmen on the carrier deck (red/green/blue/yellow/etc shirts) that guide you, rearm/refuel you, etc
3. more carrier aircraft eg. Seahawk (seeing the gazelle on the nearby destroyer or whatever is kinda offputting), E2 Hawkeye, C2 greyhound, etc

Also, giving a player the ability to steer the carrier sounds great in theory however with the amount of idiots online, I can quickly see this turning to poo.
1. Meanwhile actually you can walk with your pilot on land, the walk on a ship was planned some time ago with ED talking initially some years ago about the "carrier modules".
2. The Carrier Crew has in progress and actually some animated files has included internally into DCS.
3. Has plans to build a AI S-3 Tanker and some 3rd parties working on other AI units (Heatblur A-6/KA-6). About "pilotable" modules a SeaHawk can require implement realistic ASW warfare. No plans to a E-2, C-2 yet.

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Spanish 4Th Perrus Squadon Member: http://www.4thperrus.com
Silver_Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 03:20 PM   #27
pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
...2. The Carrier Crew has in progress and actually some animated files has included internally into DCS...
Yeah, I saw your youtube video a couple of months ago showing all those crew animations currently in DCS. Even saw some animations looks like repair men. Pretty cool.
Old 01-15-2019, 03:23 PM   #28
oldpop

how about some radars, anti air and CATTC?
oldpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 03:40 PM   #29
Sadist_Cain

Higher fidelity simulation on the ships would be perfect imo. Adding in ASW with a Merlin and dipping SONAR, using the F-14 as an interceptor, carrier groups attack and defend.

Would open the potential for the games and the missions far more than any number of additional aircraft, definitely would be greater than the sum of its parts.
Sadist_Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 08:51 AM   #30
flo57100

Sounds great and very promising. I don't want to be the "grumpy guy", but I hope they will not forget to implement better "naval ATC" that gives me the ship's speed and heading, a better "naval AI" that would, for example, turn the ship into the wind when you contact ATC for landing and then resume waypoints following, before giving the possibility to walk in the carrier. It would be great for sure, but it is no point if you have to make your carrier following a thousand mile line when creating a mission because otherwise it will not face the wind anymore
flo57100 is offline   Reply With Quote