Performance in VR and FPS question - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-17-2019, 01:30 AM   #31
FragBum

Just a heads up today's update fixed the huge aliasing issue and some performance has returned, now about improving VR in game performance and map performance.
FragBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:42 AM   #32
imacken

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragBum View Post
Just a heads up today's update fixed the huge aliasing issue and some performance has returned, now about improving VR in game performance and map performance.
What ‘huge aliasing issue’?
Intel i7 8700 4.8GHz · Palit RTX 2080 Ti OC Gaming Pro · ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · Samsung 850 Evo 500Gb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · HOTAS Warthog · TM Pedals · HTC Vive Pro
imacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 12:38 PM   #33
FragBum

Quote:
Originally Posted by imacken View Post
What ‘huge aliasing issue’?
Well just an issue I experienced with Rift VR with the first "2.5.4" update seems resolved now so far. Cheers.
FragBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 12:42 PM   #34
Brun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITacHI View Post
You're more than welcome, but I trust that this was not new info for you =)
I just checked out SteamVR on my CV1 and you are absolutely right. Haven't used SteamVR for some months now so I was completely unaware of this change.

It seems that after the update, the old 100% has become the new 50%.. I don't understand why they would do this though... It makes no sense to me; why label something 50% ("per eye") when it is in fact 100% (The native reso)?

Thank you for setting it straight mate! I will be sure to modify my post and add a disclaimer.

Silly Gaben doing silly stuff instead of giving us HL3...

Cheers!

IT--
The rendered image needs to be a higher resolution than the displays because of the effect of distorting it to correspond with the headset's lenses. Roughly, the number of overall pixels rendered needs to be double the headset's resolution. Presumably that's where the percentages come from.

I keep finding reasons to post a link to the same pdf, but it's all explained here. Page 14 onwards.
Brun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:03 PM   #35
Harlikwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brun View Post
The rendered image needs to be a higher resolution than the displays because of the effect of distorting it to correspond with the headset's lenses. Roughly, the number of overall pixels rendered needs to be double the headset's resolution. Presumably that's where the percentages come from.

I keep finding reasons to post a link to the same pdf, but it's all explained here. Page 14 onwards.
Thats a good read. You really gotta wonder if DCS has tried any of those VR optimizations they mention or if those are the "promised" improvements even though that paper is from 2016.