Heatblur TomCat and VR

Phantom88

There's some very exciting news concerning the upcoming Heatblur TomCat and VR,Some around The DCS Community have received a time sensitive advanced copy of the aircraft,BeachAV8R over at MudSpike forums is one of them

When asked How does The Aircraft look in VR He replied.......

"So imagine how good you think it might be. Well, it’s better than that. It’s simply jaw dropping. As one would expect when looking at that cockpit geometry and textures in VR.

https://forums.mudspike.com/t/heatblur-f-14-and-forrestal-update/1726/2338

a4e56ee1d56db59bc90e1ebeeee16fce929da5e7.jpg

42084b7edfa0d18c820a00fddc4060098d67fb70.jpg

4f6e329c6f85c91e007a8382fb3bb77bcb876a7f.jpg

Patrick

mini.gif

Any issues with framerate and VR. I.e. the mig21 has much lower frames for me in VR compared to other planes.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I am very curious about the Frame rates and how they compare to the Hornet.

Here's what Nickolas aka Cobra posted when comparing to Hornet..........

"A 1070 should be just fine. One of our testers actually uses a 1070Ti and flies in VR and it is apparently fine.

One of our developers runs a 760 (!) and he’ll hit 60fps with low settings.

It’s heavier than the F-18 in some situations, and less so in others (in particular; we’ve reduced drawcalls significantly, which makes a huge difference with many Tomcats on screen versus Hornets).

We haven’t done our final optimization pass yet either. :slight_smile:

Patrick

mini.gif

Here's what Nickolas aka Cobra posted when comparing to Hornet..........

"A 1070 should be just fine. One of our testers actually uses a 1070Ti and flies in VR and it is apparently fine.

One of our developers runs a 760 (!) and he’ll hit 60fps with low settings.

It’s heavier than the F-18 in some situations, and less so in others (in particular; we’ve reduced drawcalls significantly, which makes a huge difference with many Tomcats on screen versus Hornets).

We haven’t done our final optimization pass yet either. :slight_smile:

hmm, interesting. thanks.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

After trying it a lot in VR I found that the shimmer was pretty much missing and I dont use MSAA. I asked HB about it and they said they spent a lot of time working on the textures and model to make sure it was optimized for VR.

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

That`s interesting as MSAA is needed due to that shimmering I find on the terrain, cockpit etc. I run MSAAx4 all the time and it`s an fps killer. Of course I also use the shader mod. I wonder have you used the mod on the F-14, and if so, to what effect.

That`s interesting as MSAA is needed due to that shimmering I find on the terrain, cockpit etc. I run MSAAx4 all the time and it`s an fps killer. Of course I also use the shader mod. I wonder have you used the mod on the F-14, and if so, to what effect.

No, and the side effects of the mod in certain weather conditions drives me nuts, I stay away from mods like that especially since it breaks IC (i know there is a version that doesnt). I can wait for ED to add improvements, and with these improvements HB is done, I hope ED takes them and applies them to it's content as well.

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

VR is the future of DCS and simming in general. It`s very positive that HB have come to the same conclusion. Here`s hoping the next gen units hit in 2019, and hopefully DLSS & VRS for us RTX owners.

:thumbup:

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, and the side effects of the mod in certain weather conditions drives me nuts, I stay away from mods like that especially since it breaks IC (i know there is a version that doesnt). I can wait for ED to add improvements, and with these improvements HB is done, I hope ED takes them and applies them to it's content as well.

:thumbup:

Sounding good!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

After trying it a lot in VR I found that the shimmer was pretty much missing and I dont use MSAA. I asked HB about it and they said they spent a lot of time working on the textures and model to make sure it was optimized for VR.

:thumbup:Thank You,My excitement for this aircraft has just hit OVERLOAD:D

Patrick

mini.gif

That's really good to hear. HB did say in one of the videos that they made a lot of effort to make the pit with VR in mind.

Nice to have this confirmed.

Yeah, more than a year ago, the test flight with the real F14 aviator was with the Rift. Can't wait to try it out! VR, what a gift to flight sim enthusiasts. :D

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

That is really good to hear.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog