Anyone else with items stuck in US customs? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-12-2019, 03:26 AM   #1
Wmacky

Default Anyone else with items stuck in US customs?

Super bummed out, as I was hoping to have my new rudder pedals for the weekend. This is the longest shipping time I have ever had in 20 years buying on the Internet. They were shipped out 1 month ago today. They finally showed up at US customs after 3 weeks getting there, then have been stuck for another week! With all that time, I just know these expensive pedals will have been dropped, banged, bent, or otherwise damaged after so long!

It seems that Mail customs was not supposed to be affected by the current US government shut down. Anyone know?
Wmacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 05:45 AM   #2
DigitalEngine

Yes, I've had Items stuck in U.S. Custom for a month before.
If you've ever worked for the U.S. Gooberment, well you get the picture...

(sorry, if that's too politically incorrect..., well, not really)
GPU = Zotac GTX980ti Amp Extreme
Hard-drive = Samsung V-NAD SSD 950 PRO M.2
Cooling = Corsair H100i V2 water cooler, plus RAM mounted fans.

Corsair Vengeance® C70 Mid-Tower Gaming Case — Military Green
OS = Windows 10 64bit
Power supply = EVGA 1200P2
HTC Vive
DigitalEngines's Twitch Channel, Youtube Channel

Last edited by DigitalEngine; 01-12-2019 at 08:05 AM.
DigitalEngine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 05:56 AM   #3
Svsmokey

They're a surly bunch in the best of times . I bet they're even more disgruntled now . I dealt with them several times some years ago , and it was two different worlds . Attitude on one side of the Ambassador bridge , and a smiling "welcome to Canada !" on the other .

"Hold my beer"
Svsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 03:27 PM   #4
javelina1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svsmokey View Post
They're a surly bunch in the best of times . I bet they're even more disgruntled now . I dealt with them several times some years ago , and it was two different worlds . Attitude on one side of the Ambassador bridge , and a smiling "welcome to Canada !" on the other .
exactly. I used to drive over to Vancouver a lot. At the border, I always got the standard question, "what is your business in Canada today?" My reply, I'm a tourist, and I'm here to spend money. "Let him through, enjoy your stay in Canada...."

Man, I lucked out with my WarBRD delivery. Once it shipped, it was one week later that I had it.

OP, not sure what rudder pedals you're waiting on, but my Crosswinds came very well boxed and secure for shipment. I don't think even an ill mannered Orangutan could've damaged them...

Gigabyte Z87-HD3, i5-4670K O/C 4.2ghz, NH-U12S cooler, 16GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1080 SC, SoundBlaster Z sound card, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 2x 256GB Samsung SSD, 1x 500GB Samsung SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Rudders, TM MFD's, Enermax Case, 39" Samsung HDTV, 21.5" Acer VT220 touchscreen (for Helios & Ikarus), TrackIR5, JetSeat KW-908, Oculus Rift CV1, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Virpil WarBRD
javelina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 04:27 PM   #5
Wmacky

I hope mine was package nicely as well.

Of course as soon as I posted this thread, tracking shows mine pedals have arrived in city, to be delivered Monday. That's a relief, but I'm still quite concerned as it will be a long 2 day wait to see what a 1 month journey has done to my expensive pedals!
Old 01-13-2019, 05:20 AM   #6
Wmacky

Update!

After my last post, I checked my tracking number one last time, I found they moved up the delivery to today, and they were already at my office! I couldn't wait, and have company keys, so I just made to 2 hour round trip to get them. I have opened the box and they seem to have made it OK!

I'm now the proud owner of a lovely set of Slaw pedals
Old 01-13-2019, 02:42 PM   #7
=Panther=

6 months.... I wasn't happy but it arrived finally and of course while I was out of town.

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Twitch Channel
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, JetSeat, Oculus Rift cv1, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC
=Panther= is offline   Reply With Quote