VPC offset/curved extension?

Mr_sukebe

I can see that VPC sell straight extensions.

Any chance of an offset/curved version?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

...for which the maximum extension they approve is 50mm.

just because of the clearence problem with their desk mount...but longer extension put no arm on the stick itself

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽   🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I really don't see the problem of extension on the warbrd, there are plenty of users out there prepared to do their own mounting.

Anyone willing to spend this much on a flightstick should also have the ambition of doing a proper placement, and adding a long curved extension for center pit based mounting should really not hurt.

Only thing it could bump into in such an install would be my knees, and I'm sure those are incapable of damaging the grip :P

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

• 1 month later...

Apologies for resurrecting this thread, but I'm going to anyway.

Just upfront, I can't fit a standard VPC straight extension with the chair that I use, so my solution needs to be curved.

I have a T50 joystick base and grip.

My understanding is that the base is fully compatible with a standard warthog grip. Based upon that, it suggests that the locking ring, physical connection type and wiring therefore match.

So does that mean that I could be an extension as created for a Warthog base/grip and use that?

Here's an example of what I mean:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THRUSTMASTER-WARTHOG-ALUMINIUM-GOOSENECK-EXTENSIONS-FOR-HELI-FLIGHT-SIM-PILOTS/292785657554?hash=item442b6296d2:m:mbakdbpk8lD7Degoh_pVdlw:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Should I expect that to work?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Yes. If it fits the Warthog/Cougar, it will fit the VPC MT-50.

That said, using an offset or curved extension, will subject the stick connector to twist loads. I’m not sure the friction is strong enough to avoid rotational movement of the base connector...