Problem after moving to another drive

mikethemadmonk

Because I was fast running out of space, I moved DCS to another drive. Every body assured me this was easy, just change the shortcut to the new drive. I right clicked the short cut and in properties changed the location from F to E, which was advised. It gave me an error notification. The game opens but nothing works, click on anything, no go!

However, when closing the game using Task Master, I clicked Dcs to close it, the game then worked perfectly.

Which is ok but I don't really want to do this every time.

Is there something I am missing?

If you can't get it to work, just set everything back to original (DCS back to the drive it came from and change the shortcut(s) again) and run a test to see if everything works again.

Then use this little tool: Application Mover.

Works nicely, even for stuff where you can't simply copy/paste.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!