[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Guys,

'some effects do not work/ has left right balance issues' don't help us to tackle this issues down. Please report which effect makes issues. In the best case, describe exactly when this happens...

Between the old SimShaker and the current SSA almost 50% of the code has changed...

The new GUI has several improvements regarding the old one. With the new GUI it is possible to add an unlimited number of airplanes and configure every effect for every plane. That was impossible with the old GUI.

I think there will be some updates for the GUI... If you have some ideas, feel free to share!

Cheers

Olaf

Thanks for all the great work, love the product!

I recently switched to the new GUI as well.. Only thing I really think would be nice is to bring the slider adjustments to the settings like the old GUI had. I think it's quicker to do while flying rather then clicking the up/down numbers.

I haven't noticed any issues from right to left, but when I get home I'll check it out and report back.

It is still actual, yes. It only happens ob OS boot. When the os has loaded I can open and use SSAnormally, even withmy AV software.

OK

Thank you for the feedback :)

We'll try to sort that out.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for all the great work, love the product!

I recently switched to the new GUI as well.. Only thing I really think would be nice is to bring the slider adjustments to the settings like the old GUI had. I think it's quicker to do while flying rather then clicking the up/down numbers.

I haven't noticed any issues from right to left, but when I get home I'll check it out and report back.

You can also use your scrollwheel or enter the number directly

Guys,

'some effects do not work/ has left right balance issues' don't help us to tackle this issues down. Please report which effect makes issues. In the best case, describe exactly when this happens...

Between the old SimShaker and the current SSA almost 50% of the code has changed...

The new GUI has several improvements regarding the old one. With the new GUI it is possible to add an unlimited number of airplanes and configure every effect for every plane. That was impossible with the old GUI.

I think there will be some updates for the GUI... If you have some ideas, feel free to share!

Cheers

Olaf

My apologies, f140 - it wasn't my intention to be vague. My initial intention was to see if this was something that anyone else was experiencing, and if so, wether there was any insight/simple fix to the issue.

I personally have no issue with the GUI and am quite glad regarding the flexibility and direction SSA is headed in general. Moreover, IMHO the Gametrix Jetseat is not the real star - it's nothing more than a suped up office chair massager without the work you guys have put in bringing SSA/Simshaker to the table - so in that regard I am most respectful and sincerely grateful for your work on the software. (I refuse to fly without it now, it adds so much to the experience!)

As to the 'balance' issue:

From the top of my head, the effect I find it most pronounced in is the 'Ground Bumps' effect, especially whilst taxiing/lower speeds on the ground...this was the 1st to really grab my attention in that regard.

There are quite a few other instances but I can't give you solid accurate references to test without being a bit more methodical and thorough in my observations - which I am more than happy to do, and certainly will now that it appears that it may not be isolated.

I am quite busy with work for the next few days but I'll put together a list of the exact effects and conditions where I notice the issue and provide you with the compiled feedback and any other data that might help (logs, etc.).

Fin.

Edited by Fubarbrickdust
  • Like 1

9700k@5.2Ghz | GTX 1080ti | 32gb Ram@3200Mhz | 512gb M.2 NVME SSD

Oculus Rift S | VKB GF Pro Mk.II+MCG Pro (rotary wing) | BRD DS-Raven (fixed wing) | MFG Crosswind V2 | Jetseat+SSA/SSM | SimLab GT1 80/20 Rig | NLR Motion Platform V3 | Quad Bass Shaker Setup

DIY Control Panels: 'White Rhino' Throttle | UFC | MFBB Left | MFBB Right | MFBB Centre | WEP-TECH ACP | HYD-MECH LDG | SYS-ELEC | AN/ARC Radio

Some more information with regard to the ''imbalance' issue that is experienced with SSA...

Exact nature of issue: A large amount of the vibe effects coming from the Jetseat/SSA are noticeably weaker on the right hand side motors.

After some testing today, the effects where the issue is most prominent and noticeable are -

• Engine Rumble/Piston Beat
  • Ground Bumps
  • Afterburner/WEP
  • Stall Shudder/Vortex Ring State
  • Cannon/Gun Fire
  • Payload Release/Missile Launch

There may be more, but as they are more incidental effects it is a little harder to say. What is clear is that the issue affects a large amount of the sustained effects, in my case.

These were tested with the F-5E, SU-25T, SU-27 & F-15

Troubleshooting/Fault Finding Done: Vibe-Motor tests in both SSA Service tab and the Gametrix Control panel - Both of which give full and equal motor output to the left and right on all motor pairs...both sides feel balanced and strong.

Installation and testing with the old SimShaker for DCSW - Issue is not present when using old app.

Possible Fixes Attempted: Complete uninstallation of everything related to SSA, Simshaker for DCSW & Gametrix Jetseat Drivers/Control Panel. Removal of all found folders and files related to said apps - (Saved Games/DCS/Scripts, AppData/Local/SimShaker For Aviators, AppData/Local/Apps/2.0). Registry search and deletion of all references to SimShaker, Dreamsimteam & Gametrix.

And then full re-install of Jetseat Control Panel & SSA.

...No change.

Thoughts: Well I'm stumped!?!

However, there was one thing I noticed - when I was tweaking every setting under the sun on SSA to see if it had any effect on the problem, I noticed when using Sound Module (no USB mode) there was only vibe output from the right hand side motors...and at a similar strength (or weakness) that almost matched the disparity between the effect when in USB mode - It may very well be nothing, but I thought it worth mentioning just in case it provides another lead.

Of course, in normal use I only have the Output Mode set to: USB (Gametrix KW-90x only)

Also, and this may sound obvious - but the noticeable difference between the imbalance becomes less the more the effect is turned up in SSA - eg: Afterburner at 50, the right is much weaker. Afterburner at 100, the imbalance is less noticeable.

Maybe this is just because both motors are working harder and vibrating the space as a whole, but never the less, I thought I'd mention it.

Hope some of this helps...

Cheers,

Fin.

Edited by Fubarbrickdust
  • Like 2

Oculus Rift S | VKB GF Pro Mk.II+MCG Pro (rotary wing) | BRD DS-Raven (fixed wing) | MFG Crosswind V2 | Jetseat+SSA/SSM | SimLab GT1 80/20 Rig | NLR Motion Platform V3 | Quad Bass Shaker Setup

DIY Control Panels: 'White Rhino' Throttle | UFC | MFBB Left | MFBB Right | MFBB Centre | WEP-TECH ACP | HYD-MECH LDG | SYS-ELEC | AN/ARC Radio

Does anybody else have problems with VoiceMeeter Banana Volume controls?

I set the volume buttons on my keyboard to be used by VoiceMeeter Banana from it's main Menu. I am pretty sure it worked when I was flying DCS at first. But the past few weeks the volume controls only work when I am 'not' playing DCS. If DCS is running then the volume controls get assigned back to Windows default playback. But once DCS closes it works in VoiceMeeter again. Very Strange..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Does anybody else have problems with VoiceMeeter Banana Volume controls?

I set the volume buttons on my keyboard to be used by VoiceMeeter Banana from it's main Menu. I am pretty sure it worked when I was flying DCS at first. But the past few weeks the volume controls only work when I am 'not' playing DCS. If DCS is running then the volume controls get assigned back to Windows default playback. But once DCS closes it works in VoiceMeeter again. Very Strange..

This was always the case on my side. I guess it is an issue on VoiceMeeters side. They hook the keyboard press (somehow). Some applications block this hooking and then the volume keys don't work. I alt+tab and adjust the volume then. It is not great but works...

If anyone has a solution for this, feel free to share!

Some more information with regard to the ''imbalance' issue that is experienced with SSA...

Exact nature of issue: A large amount of the vibe effects coming from the Jetseat/SSA are noticeably weaker on the right hand side motors.

After some testing today, the effects where the issue is most prominent and noticeable are -

• Engine Rumble/Piston Beat
  • Ground Bumps
  • Afterburner/WEP
  • Stall Shudder/Vortex Ring State
  • Cannon/Gun Fire
  • Payload Release/Missile Launch

There may be more, but as they are more incidental effects it is a little harder to say. What is clear is that the issue affects a large amount of the sustained effects, in my case.

These were tested with the F-5E, SU-25T, SU-27 & F-15

Troubleshooting/Fault Finding Done: Vibe-Motor tests in both SSA Service tab and the Gametrix Control panel - Both of which give full and equal motor output to the left and right on all motor pairs...both sides feel balanced and strong.

Installation and testing with the old SimShaker for DCSW - Issue is not present when using old app.

Possible Fixes Attempted: Complete uninstallation of everything related to SSA, Simshaker for DCSW & Gametrix Jetseat Drivers/Control Panel. Removal of all found folders and files related to said apps - (Saved Games/DCS/Scripts, AppData/Local/SimShaker For Aviators, AppData/Local/Apps/2.0). Registry search and deletion of all references to SimShaker, Dreamsimteam & Gametrix.

And then full re-install of Jetseat Control Panel & SSA.

...No change.

Thoughts: Well I'm stumped!?!

However, there was one thing I noticed - when I was tweaking every setting under the sun on SSA to see if it had any effect on the problem, I noticed when using Sound Module (no USB mode) there was only vibe output from the right hand side motors...and at a similar strength (or weakness) that almost matched the disparity between the effect when in USB mode - It may very well be nothing, but I thought it worth mentioning just in case it provides another lead.

Of course, in normal use I only have the Output Mode set to: USB (Gametrix KW-90x only)

Also, and this may sound obvious - but the noticeable difference between the imbalance becomes less the more the effect is turned up in SSA - eg: Afterburner at 50, the right is much weaker. Afterburner at 100, the imbalance is less noticeable.

Maybe this is just because both motors are working harder and vibrating the space as a whole, but never the less, I thought I'd mention it.

Hope some of this helps...

Cheers,

Fin.

Try this:

Disconnect from PC and electrics and remove jetseat from seat and lay flat overnight. Replace jetseat on seat making sure that the jetseat sits well on the seat so that the area with the circuit boards in, between the jetseat upper portion and jetseat lower portion is well out of the way in the back of the seat in the crease between the seat back and lower half (make sure it is not being sat on or under undue pressure). Note, if jeatseat is hanging to far over the front edge of your seat there is a chance that you are sitting on the circuit boards or they are under undue pressure.

Good luck.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

This was always the case on my side. I guess it is an issue on VoiceMeeters side. They hook the keyboard press (somehow). Some applications block this hooking and then the volume keys don't work. I alt+tab and adjust the volume then. It is not great but works...

If anyone has a solution for this, feel free to share!

I thought it worked at the beginning, but maybe I was wrong.. I emailed for support from VM but got no response...

But I did figure out a way to make it work using the VM Macro Buttons. You can assign macros to about any buttons on your keyboard to adjust the gain(and other settings) in VMB.

First, Select 'Macrobuttons: Run at Voicemeeter Start' from the main Menu.

Then, right-click on a blue macro button to edit it as show in the pic below.

You can adjust several things at the same time if you like:

bus[0].gain += 3;

bus[1].gain += 3;

bus[2].gain += 3;

or a toggle button for mute:

bus[0].mute = 1;

and

bus[0].mute = 0;

GdrAZT3.png

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

One quick suggestion to try: Make sure you run both DCS and Voicemeter as administrator. This suggestion is not specific to this software, but something that very often works when hotkeys for one program are not working while running another program. Good luck getting it sorted!

I thought it worked at the beginning, but maybe I was wrong.. I emailed for support from VM but got no response...

But I did figure out a way to make it work using the VM Macro Buttons. You can assign macros to about any buttons on your keyboard to adjust the gain(and other settings) in VMB.

Edited by TripRodriguez

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim:

Also a note that might be helpful for future SimShaker sound module users: I have two Aura ST bass shakers and one Buttkicker Mini LFE.

Before SimShaker I preferred the Buttkicker, but with SimShaker I much prefer the Aura-ST's (which are cheaper). Part of the reason for this is I feel the sound coming from the Aura's adds to the effect and just feels more real. The landing gear sound module effect with the Aura's on the P-51 is one of my favorite things in a sim ever!

The one caveat is that the Aura's sound like a muddy set of speakers, so if noise is a problem the Buttkickers will be a bit better.

Another note, since the amp for bass shakers can be an expensive component. If you have a home stereo type amp you can run two or three Aura ST's in series off that. Just check the impedance rating on the amp. A single one is only 4 ohms (too low for this type amp), two in series is 8 ohms (good for many amps). Two in parallel is 2 ohms, don't do that! Three in series will be 12 ohms etc.

Edited by TripRodriguez

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Try this:

Disconnect from PC and electrics and remove jetseat from seat and lay flat overnight. Replace jetseat on seat making sure that the jetseat sits well on the seat so that the area with the circuit boards in, between the jetseat upper portion and jetseat lower portion is well out of the way in the back of the seat in the crease between the seat back and lower half (make sure it is not being sat on or under undue pressure). Note, if jeatseat is hanging to far over the front edge of your seat there is a chance that you are sitting on the circuit boards or they are under undue pressure.

Good luck.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Hi Talisman,

I appreciate any and all advice on the matter, however, might I ask the thought and reasoning behind the above suggestion?

I'm only curious as the troubleshooting I've done so far would indicate that there isn't any physical issue affecting the Jetseat whatsoever - The motors are all working correctly and at full/even strength when doing the motor tests and the issue is not present whilst using the old SS for DCSW.

Cheers.

Hi Talisman,

I appreciate any and all advice on the matter, however, might I ask the thought and reasoning behind the above suggestion?

I'm only curious as the troubleshooting I've done so far would indicate that there isn't any physical issue affecting the Jetseat whatsoever - The motors are all working correctly and at full/even strength when doing the motor tests and the issue is not present whilst using the old SS for DCSW.

Cheers.

I had a problem with the right side top shoulder electric motor on my jetseat not working. I found that when the jetseat was taken off my chair and lay flat overnight and then tested whilst still laying spread out flat on the floor, the motor worked OK again. Then, when I fitted the jetseat back on my chair, it worked for a little while and then the same problem occurred again. So, after going through this process a number of times my conclusion was that, if the jetseat worked OK when lay flat, then perhaps the problem was the way I had fitted it on my chair. Sure enough, once I had fitted the jetseat to my chair with greater care and attention to the position of the internal circuit boards and wires, then the jetseat has worked fine ever since with no problems. For my jetseat, on my chair, I found that it sometimes matters how the jetseat lays on the chair. My point is that it is a good idea to make sure that the area of the jetseat with the circuit boards and wires in it, laying in close proximity to each other, is not under any undue physical strain or pressure from the weight of my backside.

It might be a long shot, but I think it is worth trying because it worked for me. You have nothing to lose. Lay the jetseat out flat on a table or on the floor and leave it for a few yours. I think I may have tapped the motor with a wooden mallet a couple of times as well just incase the motor had stuck a bit. Make sure the jetseat circuit board area is out of the way in the rear crease of the chair in such a way that it is not bent, sat on or under any undue physical pressure.

P.S. I realise your problem is different from mine, but you sounded desperate so I thought that anything might be worth a try.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Edited by 56RAF_Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

One quick suggestion to try: Make sure you run both DCS and Voicemeter as administrator. This suggestion is not specific to this software, but something that very often works when hotkeys for one program are not working while running another program. Good luck getting it sorted!
Thanks for the suggestion, but I just tried running VMB as admin and it made no difference.

First, Select 'Macrobuttons: Run at Voicemeeter Start' from the main Menu.

Then, right-click on a blue macro button to edit it as show in the pic below.

You can adjust several things at the same time if you like:

bus[0].gain += 3;

bus[1].gain += 3;

bus[2].gain += 3;

or a toggle button for mute:

bus[0].mute = 1;

and

bus[0].mute = 0;

GdrAZT3.png

Nice approach, I just wonder if we could get an increment while the key is held down?!

I'm getting this error message, when I try to use SSA with the Spitfire. What should I do? Or, what am I doing that I shouldn't?

Attached Thumbnails attachment.php?attachmentid=155637&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1485215689

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

I'm getting this error message, when I try to use SSA with the Spitfire. What should I do? Or, what am I doing that I shouldn't?

Attached Thumbnails attachment.php?attachmentid=155637&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1485215689

You could try to export your settings and then reset your settings database. After that, import the settings again....

Another bit of encouragement to anyone considering SimShaker for Aviators and the JetSeat, it's even better for the Huey than it is for the P-51! Fantastic to feel the ship shudder as I approach RVS, and buffet a little as I enter ground effect.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Question, when will we get a update for the VIGGEN? cant wait!!

Damn, I did it again... (basic) Viggen support is in the new beta which should be released soon...

• Like 1

Damn, I did it again... (basic) Viggen support is in the new beta which should be released soon...

That is fantastic news! Hope you enjoyed your holiday :)

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

that is great news! I still only have simshaker for dcs world bms beta, is their a seperate one for Simshaker for aviators? If so may i get that to help test this as well thanks!

You can install both but you should only use one version at a time...

BTW: New beta is released with Viggen support. I'm looking for feedback since I only flew 15 minutes with the plane. The rest of the day was needed for implementing it into SSA...

• Like 1