LandingReFuAr

Black6

Helo, I´ve a issue about on the ground refuelling. If I set a waipoint type as refuelling stop (LandingReFuAr), AI lands, parks, stops the engine(s) and waits prescriped time. Then it starts engines and flies away. But it DOES NOT tank any fuel and crash shortly do to fuel shortage.

Is there any way, how to set the emount of fuel to be tanked on the ground?

Thanks.

Hi Black6,

I just tried it with the A10 and it seemed to be working....

10% fuel.

RTB on Bingo fuel waypoint 1

LandReFuAr waypoint 2 (Senaki)

Waypoint 3 land at Vaziani, 125 nautical miles.

What is your aircraft and editor process when using the command.

I recommend really helping the Ai as much as possible with commands when building a mission.

Not sure how much fuel it will take when landing at 80% full for example? Do you also add another RTB on Bingo fuel to a waypoint after it takes off.

The Ai needs some work, there are ways around most of the problems, they just need a little babysitting with commands to get them to behave and act right.

Another workaround would be to spawn in a NEW replacement for this aircraft at the same airfield to take off. No one will no the difference.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Hi David,

I´ve expirienced it with Il-78M tanker. It was send from Krasnodar to the coast of Sochhi for refueling mission. I switched off RTB when bingo fuel. Instead of it I set the condition for terminating mission by the angle of pitch ~ equivalent to weight at level flight. At this condition it flew to Sochi for refueling. I set 30min on the ground. After that it should fly back to Krasnodar. It run out of fuel some 5min after take-off....

Both airports belonged to the same coalition (RED one).

• 2 months later...
Hi Black6,

I just tried it with the A10 and it seemed to be working....

10% fuel.

RTB on Bingo fuel waypoint 1

LandReFuAr waypoint 2 (Senaki)

Waypoint 3 land at Vaziani, 125 nautical miles.

What is your aircraft and editor process when using the command.

I recommend really helping the Ai as much as possible with commands when building a mission.

Not sure how much fuel it will take when landing at 80% full for example? Do you also add another RTB on Bingo fuel to a waypoint after it takes off.

The Ai needs some work, there are ways around most of the problems, they just need a little babysitting with commands to get them to behave and act right.

Another workaround would be to spawn in a NEW replacement for this aircraft at the same airfield to take off. No one will no the difference.

Appears to only work for some planes:

I tested with F15 and it landed then crew got out and after few mins despawned , and plane stayed on the ground and never did any further waypoints.

I then tested again changing plane to an KC130 and it landed refuelled and flew next 2 waypoints and landed at another airport.

So it worked for the KC130 but not the F15. So I'm guessing this AI script only works for fuel tanker planes like the KC130. (or its broken for some planes)

You also prob need to set the refuel time long enough but not too long (if guys that get out of plane despawn I think it also may fail to work)

Also the bingo fuel makes don't seem to matter.

Its quite finicky and buggy IMHO, I got some very odd behaviours during testing. (like not wanting landing as specific airports , even flying back to original refuelling airport to land even when told another one, it turned around and flew back in one scenario)

I only used 5 % initial fuel during testing, so I'm sure it did refuel

(AI does some retarded things that just take experience to find and work around. It was same when I made missions for IL-2 GB, the fun of mission building....

Edited by Stix_09