What does everyone think of general jet performance

directorguy7

Just general discussion. Can anyone accurately comment on the jets EA current performance? Is it pretty close to how the F-16 would behave in real life?

I know it's early access, but that's the point of my question and if ED are getting better and better and doing this faster. Is DCS more like X-plane, where you plop a plane in and it simulates the plane based on world settings with very little hand holding (eg. truly a physics simulation), or is DCS a combination of chaotic simulation and scripted limits?

Just curious as Eagle Dynamics are starting to get more high end jets and would be cool if they can have the simulation do most of the work for them, which means maybe they can get more "top secret" jets that dont have published performance data (f-117, F-22.)

All that said, a ton of the fun in flying these things is not flying them at all, but playing with the insanely accurately simulated computer systems within them, which I'm sure the spooky jets wont release to the public for a long, long time.

I think it's to early to tell. Jet right now isn't going into Full AB and if it is then the instruments aren't showing it.

Right now Full AB is 40% nozzle and about 1/3 FF it should be. Also the animation looks like its only lighting first stage of AB.

Hard to tell whats to blame but the FM seems to feel decent otherwise.

ED has come along ways IMHO with FM Models etc. 18 has believable FM other than a few bugs.

Rig: 5960X @ 4.5GHZ 32GB 3000Mhz DDR4 Titan XP Dell 3415W 21:9 Thrustmaster Warthog

Seems they copied the F/A-18s garbage wheel brakes right over to the 16. At least with the 18 you can land at much lower airspeeds than the 16 does. The 16 at current is not fun trying to land on short runways. Must be right at stall speed and land as close to the end as possible to not overrun thanks to garbage brakes.

Please forgive me for wasting the next 14 seconds of your life and if you don't have 14 seconds to waste I strongly recommend you skip to the next post in this thread :doh:

To whom it may concern:

I think General Jet was promoted way to quickly and the command staff he put together is concerning. I began to worry when he brought in Major Payne to be over the flight physicals, his old pal Colonel Sanders, who now runs the mess hall and then WO4 Chief Justice as the new SP NCO. However, I knew we were in trouble when 1st Lieutenant Ho was promoted to R&R officer, although in all fairness the men do seem happier... except for her aide, Seaman Poole, whom she is working like a dog.

Yesterday I completed the paperwork for Captain Hook, who will be our new logistics officer and today he called and advised that he wants orders for two of his men, Seaman Boxx and Private Strong, to be over the warehouse facility. Captain Morgan should arrive tomorrow as TDY officer and finally, Lieutenant Dan is scheduled to arrive Friday, Major Wood has a team erecting the handicap parking sign now.

I'm sure everything will work out, but you asked what I thought about General Jet performance. There ya go sir.

Sincerely: Private Dancer

OK don't get mad at me, I apologized beforehand. :thumbup:

Cap'n Penguin

a.k.a. Lawndart extraordinaire

i9-9900K Processor - 120mm Liquid Cooling System - 32G (8 GB x 4) DDR4-3200MHz - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB - 1 TB Western Digital Blue SSD - Motherboard (MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk) - Corsair RMX850 PSU - Windows 10 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Oculus Rift S - Old Lawn chair

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please forgive me for wasting the next 14 seconds of your life and if you don't have 14 seconds to waste I strongly recommend you skip to the next post in this thread :doh:

To whom it may concern:

I think General Jet was promoted way to quickly and the command staff he put together is concerning. I began to worry when he brought in Major Payne to be over the flight physicals, his old pal Colonel Sanders, who now runs the mess hall and then WO4 Chief Justice as the new SP NCO. However, I knew we were in trouble when 1st Lieutenant Ho was promoted to R&R officer, although in all fairness the men do seem happier... except for her aide, Seaman Poole, whom she is working like a dog.

Yesterday I completed the paperwork for Captain Hook, who will be our new logistics officer and today he called and advised that he wants orders for two of his men, Seaman Boxx and Private Strong, to be over the warehouse facility. Captain Morgan should arrive tomorrow as TDY officer and finally, Lieutenant Dan is scheduled to arrive Friday, Major Wood has a team erecting the handicap parking sign now.

I'm sure everything will work out, but you asked what I thought about General Jet performance. There ya go sir.

Sincerely: Private Dancer

OK don't get mad at me, I apologized beforehand. :thumbup:

it was 13.8 seconds, to be precise! ;):megalol:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Also, we don't have the drag chute yet, we do?

I haven't heard a drag chute mentioned by ED anywhere. Does the Block 50 Viper have one? I seem to remember I read somewhere that the US didn't fit them to their F-16's but other countries had the option to, I don't know what variant this was however. But if it was a block 50 version maybe we will get the option? If the US versions didn't have them then just choose a non US skin and plant that baby down on any short runway you choose :D

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I haven't heard a drag chute mentioned by ED anywhere. Does the Block 50 Viper have one?

Nope, AFAIK only a few MLU Operators (The Netherlands, Belgium, Norway etc.) have a drag chute installed.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Nope, AFAIK only a few MLU Operators (The Netherlands, Belgium, Norway etc.) have a drag chute installed.

Turkish and Polish 50 jets also have them. Don´t know which block the turkish ones I´ve seen deploying chute is, but Poland only has block 52 afaik. They are both F-16C anyway

EF_QiLDWoAU0bob?format=jpg&name=large

EF_QiK9XYAIshq0?format=jpg&name=large

There's probably some issue with the AoA limiter - sustained performance looks like it's where it should be, but that's based on other people's tests.

I suspect that pitch demand is too limited at slower speeds.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda