Buying this cute little thing just to support new dev

power5

I hope that maybe they can purchase the P40 work that was done by VEAO, who flew away, and finish it up as their next module. Then this plane would have a same era and similar performance adversary.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

Doubtful, VEAO has proven to be unwilling to share their code. I will purchase the I-16 soon, also to support its developer ... but I hope the developer will port its Antonov An-2 over to DCS (currently it’s a P3D aircraft), something I believe is much more attainable.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hoping to learn more about the new devs in town over the next couple months/years. I already like how they've gone about their business though. No pre-order, or kickstarter, or even any fanfare really..and they put out a solid module. I like that attitude in a first release (on DCS). Shows they're willing to build a rep organically before they start asking for your money pre-launch.

Keep 'em coming!

and then you would just now be getting HARMS... if it had HARMS...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

Doubtful, VEAO has proven to be unwilling to share their code. I will purchase the I-16 soon, also to support its developer ... but I hope the developer will port its Antonov An-2 over to DCS (currently it’s a P3D aircraft), something I believe is much more attainable.

new aircraft are always appreciated but not sure where an agricultural plane would fit into the gameplay of a military flight sim. :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

The An-2 was in use by various military establishments during its history.

- 'The Dog's Rollocks' - [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] is a water cooled behemoth :

i9 9900K@5GHz/RTX 2080Ti/32 Gb 3600MHz RAM/M.2 NVMe onboard drives/System driving Pimax 5K Plus/TM Warthog/MFG Crosswind/Gametrix Jetseat

Oh, only did a quick google and most things called it an agricultural plane, whatever that actually is. :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

...not sure where an agricultural plane would fit into the gameplay of a military flight sim.

Well, to me DCS isnt a game .. I use it as a study Sim :) so, I find interesting to be able to fly a STOL biplane light transport and experience what it was like to pilot such a plane.

A3tpV9vUTPo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

A Polish fellow that I work with did his army paratrooper training out of one of these.

- 'The Dog's Rollocks' - [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] is a water cooled behemoth :

i9 9900K@5GHz/RTX 2080Ti/32 Gb 3600MHz RAM/M.2 NVMe onboard drives/System driving Pimax 5K Plus/TM Warthog/MFG Crosswind/Gametrix Jetseat

Can fly nice and slow. I'm going to use this plane to practice my landings with a tail dragger.

I'm using the Yak for wheel landing practice. I have been able to land the Yak on my third flight, I can't say that for all the others.

I have uninstalled this sim more than once. This time I plan on giving it a better chance with my marginal flying ability and worse landings.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not think so

Dear POWER5, I absolutely do not agree with you when you define this airplane a "cute little thing", put up for sale in order to support the development of other aircraft. According to me this airplane has a very different importance especially for Russian players who know it the story will be proud to prove it. This airplane that seems to come from a walt disney comic strip wasn't very fast but its shape gave it a great maneuverability and in the hands of an experienced pilot was almost unbeatable in the maneuvered combat. Obviously later the Russian aviation fielded more modern aircraft and for this reason it was abandoned but remains an icon of the Spanish war and the first moments of the Second World War.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]My dream: DCS Tornado

Another vote in AN-2 favor - it will surely be a great addition for resupply runs and insertion.

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

Can fly nice and slow. I'm going to use this plane to practice my landings with a tail dragger.

I'm using the Yak for wheel landing practice. I have been able to land the Yak on my third flight, I can't say that for all the others.

I have uninstalled this sim more than once. This time I plan on giving it a better chance with my marginal flying ability and worse landings.

For DCS, especially the warbirds you got to have a decent setup. Buy good rudders, good joystick and base, throttle is not that important. It will be expensive but you can fly the planes like it was or is in real life. In addition you hardly can stop because good hardware is such a great feel.

Crosswind pedals, virpil or vkb base and stick and thrustmaster t16000 throttle is the perfect setup in my eyes.

I bought it more for novelty than anything, then I read a post complaining about some thing or other...no afterburner or it can't carry R77s...don't remember for sure, so I figured I'd take it up (for the first time) and see if the radar works.

Oh. My. Gosh. What a fun ride. This just became my stress relief; pure flying, no technology, no piccolo to play, just stick and rudder and seat of the pants with a silk scarf (I'm the capitalist, my wife is the rooskie) and a couple machine guns for spice.

• 5 months later...
Is the module coming with a campaign or any other SP missions?

Unfortunately, no ... no campaign and no standard missions ... no training missions either .. it only comes with 6 instant action missions, of which 4 are hardly what I would call a "mission": Cold Start, Free Flight, Approach, Takeoff.

Thinking about buying it as it is on sale but I´m not sure what can be done with it in the actual state.
I purchased it because I like to support new developers, and dont regret the purchase as it provided me several nice hours learning to fly her.

However, I do dislike that the developer never interacts on this Forum, and has shown no interest on fixing two issues that bother me a lot: The kneeboard doesnt work, and the radio doesnt work either.

I tried to edit missions for the I-16, but it is really hard as DCS has no period appropiate units and the airbases on the Caucasus Maps are too modern for realistic missions ... but even on Normandy it is hard to edit interesting missions, I've had to resort to using Mods to get AI units to fight with .. for example these:

gBYd01J.jpg

3dI97Ut.jpg

The developer showed some interesting planes on one of its trailers, wonder why he has not released them as AI aircraft, they would make a lot of difference for editing missions for the I-16.

I think developer does not speak english ..

OK, I understand, tough I still wish he would update the I-16, the kneeboard is an important element when learning a Module, and the Radios add a lot of immersion on any mission.

Rudely you saw the WIP screen shot of the radio right? I think it’s kind of realistic, I heard the radio was a late addition to the I-16

Yes, I saw it :) ... I hope it will be usable soon .. I also saw the addition of Bombs to the weapons list.

Oh, only did a quick google and most things called it an agricultural plane, whatever that actually is. :music_whistling:

Agricultural Airplane aka Crop Duster

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

• 3 weeks later...

Got it now in the sale - mostly to support the Dev as well.

I think it is a well made module. Lots of character and details and it is quite a challenge (mostly so on the ground :D )

FFB is implemented as well and works nicely - it is a joy to fly.

It may be slow but it turns like hell - I guess in MP your biggest chances are against unaware enemies though (if you can catch them ^^)

Looking forward to further updates (radio?) and hoping for more modules from OctopusG as I am pleasantly surprised by the quality of this module!